Community discussions

MikroTik App

sterling
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Do you think this DHCP error is Mikrotik or UI fault?

Wed May 05, 2021 1:42 am

Here is one of my servers (of many on the same Mikrotik CCR) handing out DHCP addresses on CGNAT IP Pools.
I'm only having this problem in layer2 areas where I have UI equipment installed though.

As you can see here, the Agent Circuit ID of the UI radio MACs are sometimes duplicated in the Mikrotik server, but assigned to different customer wireless routers on different radios.
How is that even possible?
Also a symptom is that the customer wireless routers are picking up and being assigned IP addresses that are in the pool, but not even showing up in this list for the server. AT ALL!
Which shouldn't be possible.

AND I am getting some customers assigned the same CGNAT IP to their wireless routers resulting in an ARP conflict on my gateway router (which is relaying to this DHCP server).
Again, this same/single DHCP server as Relay host/endpoint seems to be working 100 percent fine with other areas that just have Mikrotik in them (no mikrotik radios, no UI equipment) also running option 82 seemingly just fine.

Just as a side note, those bottom entries in this picture are mikrotik radios running Option 82 and seem to match up correctly with a single radio on a single customer wireless router MAC/IP.

Anyone seen this? I'm leaning towards it being a problem on my layer2 network with UI gear, but it does seem very odd that the DHCP server would hand out and assign devices an IP address and not even show that in the DHCP Server window at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.