MikroTik App

nevolex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

WeBfig as default page in the management page

Sat May 08, 2021 1:01 pm

Hi,

is the a way when you open a web page to configure a router instead of quick config it would rather open in Web fig instead ?

thank you

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WeBfig as default page in the management page  [SOLVED]

Sat May 08, 2021 1:57 pm

It does for me ... I don't think I had to do anything about that so I don't know what made devices to stick with webfig.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WeBfig as default page in the management page

Sat May 08, 2021 8:40 pm

Same here. I don't normally use WebFig (I usually use WinBox), but I just logged into my RB750Gr3 with 6.47.8 and it went right into WebFig.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WeBfig as default page in the management page

Sat May 08, 2021 9:04 pm

In WebFig you can make a "skin" that removes certain parts of the configuration interface. Quite interesting mechanism in fact, unfortunately it does not work in WinBox.
However, I think that "Quick Start" should be made a separate package or selectable feature that can be disabled or made read-only with a simple command.
It is too risky to have it enabled, even when it is not immediately selected when logging in.
(in my experience WebFig does not do that anymore but it seems that in recent versions it has changed again?)