MikroTik App

nordex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Hotspot w/o login

Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:36 am

Ppls, hello.

I've been using mikrotik for a year now, and I'm quite familiar with mikrotik and network functionality.
But, this time I don't have solution how to solve this task.

I need to set up a hotspot service in a hotel where guest will connect from their rooms (wired) but without
entering their user/pass.
When guest check in, his room should have internet access.

Hotel system is based on Fidelio.

They will send data : guest full name, room number and how much he will stay.

I know that I can recognise VLAN tag through Radius. (windows based since I'm not skilled on linux)

Also I have skills in Visual basic (sql and network communication) but I have no idea how to sort this out.
I'm familiar with other plug&play solutions but we wish to build it on mikrotik since it has much more advantages
than other packed solutions.

Do you have an idea how to do this ?
tnx

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Hotspot w/o login

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:32 pm

RouterOS is not working with Fidelio (in other words it is not supported).

Probably it is possible to accomplish your requirements with User Manager and Sign-up (by Authorize.net or Paypal), it is working in the following way,
first time client switches on the PC, sign-up page is provided, user fill the necessary data and pay the specific usage via Paypal or Authorize.net,
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Manager#User_sign-up

Alternatively it is possible to use prepaid account, when you create batch of prepaid acconts and sell to the guest, when he/she is checked-in at the hotel and request the Internet access (prepaid voucher is working for the specific amount of time).

nordex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:29 pm

Ok.

is it possible to retrieve Vlan tag through login.html page - using radius <attribut> variable ?

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:06 pm

Its very hard to cover all the hotel's pms systems.. specially since they update from time to time as well, you'd have to pay someone to keep the interfacing code up to date.

nordex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:52 pm

Hi, it's not problem to retrieve guest data from hotel billing system.
I need to know if I can get vlan tag in login.html through some variable ?
using radius for auth.

freebird
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:24 pm

For displaying the Interface name you can use the "interface-name" variable on your login.html.
For the RADIUS Request you can use "NAS-Port-Id".

Both should be the interface of the hotspot. If you use VLANs you will have several vlan interfaces
with their own names and one hotspot server running per vlan.

How will you query the Fidelio server without a Fidelio interface license?

seandsl
--

nordex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:37 pm

Hotel IT dept. will provide us with user data.

Can radius variable "NAS-Port-Id" be fetch in login.html, or only in radius server ?

freebird
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:51 am

"interface-name" is the interface for use in login.html, "NAS-Port-Id" for the RADIUS Access-Request.

Both according to manual (Radius-Client, Hotspot) ... which Iam sure you have read ;-).

seandsl
--

tkwak

Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Dear nordex:

I am doing same thing as u do , I try to setup an Router Box for an hotel, and now face the same trouble:-(
I am so grand to know u doing this too, nice to meet u.

tkwak
kawk@hotmail.com
fROM cHINA

MarkLFT
just joined

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:27 am

Hi, I know it is a long time since this thread was active, but I was wondering if anyone found a way to determine the VLAN number of a client?

We have developed our own Hotel PMS system, and we are looking for a way to provide a simple link between Microtik and our PMS, I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a straight forward way of doing this.

Thanks

affinitas
just joined

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:31 pm

We too are looking to develop a PMS interface for a MikroTik. The issue with Rad is it requires a FIAS (IP/XML) interface on the PMS system. the majority of limited service properties have a serial interface... I know how it needs to work, but dont have the coding skills to make it happen. We are willing to pay the 15,000.00 to Micros, and willing to either sell the interface for cheep or give it away for free, we haven't decided yet.. this will depend on weather or not we get free development help from this forum..

Something to think about:

cloud portal page > user sends last name room number > sent back to MikroTik to linux build on SD card (PMS Application) > out IP to Precidia iPocket232 > PMS system.

There are many ways to skin this cat, but if we want to get this interface certified by Micros we will need to follow their rules, which is why Rad didn't make the cut for certification.

Yours in wireless,
Mike Baker
CTO
United Solution