Community discussions

MikroTik App

meteoravanel
just joined
Topic Author

LORAWAN wAP LoRa8 kit - from V2 to V3 on The things network

Fri May 14, 2021 6:21 pm

dear All,
my name is Andrea Costantini, I am 33 years old, I write from Vittorio Veneto (TV - Italy) I use LoRaWAN weather stations and Gateway Mikrotik. I currently have the following version on board and everything works: 6.47.8 (stable).
Basically, my question is: since the TTN platform from V2 to V3 is in the process of transition, I wonder if the product will support this change without problem?

TTN says : "If your gateway firmware does not supports Basic station, you may upgrade to a firmware supporting it.
If your gateway have no option to upgraded to a firmware supporting Basic Station you will be able to connect using the Semtech UDP legacy protocol.

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/t ... ate-to-v3/

Thank you for your support and for your attention, I remain available and best regards

pingus

Re: LORAWAN wAP LoRa8 kit - from V2 to V3 on The things network

Wed May 26, 2021 2:19 pm

+ 1

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 26, 2021 2:35 pm

Please send that question to support@mikrotik.com or by website.
This forum sometime have answers form MikroTik employers but not always.

bwooce
just joined

Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:13 pm

UDP forwarder is still supported on TTNv3 aka TTS CE, and I have two gateways working on it.

Basics Station support would be preferable and has been requested here and directly. There’s an indication it’s being considered (Seen on TTN slack channel) but no ETA.

While using the UDP forwarder I would encourage you to put in a regular reboot in the scheduler as the TTN side stability/maintenance can cause it to lose connection without realising. Another reason to want Basics Station, along with its auto configuration capability.

meteoravanel
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:45 pm

Hi,
really many thanks for your answer.
So, for the moment UDP will work and, in case, if available, upgrade to Basic Station will be released, is it correct?
About suggestion of "regular reboot in the scheduler" do you mean that it would be better to rebott the gateway periodically?

Many thanks and best regards

Andrea

pingus

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:48 am

I had to change the predefined server. I'm not sure if I had changed it but mine was wrong,
Also this information from support was helpful: Gateway ID in winbox is Gateway EUI in TTS. Gateway ID in TTS is just a name, you can write anything there, but Gateway EUI should match the gateway-id field from the RouterOS.

meteoravanel
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:40 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to migrate one of my Mikrotik gateways from V2 to V3 (other are already registered directly to V3).
When I use the tool https://eu1.cloud.thethings.network/con ... ways/claim there is the claim authentication code: which is this parameter to be inserted?
Many thanks and best regards