Community discussions

MikroTik App

sebadamus
Topic Author

Winbox ERROR: No roteros.jg found

Fri May 14, 2021 9:51 pm

Hello,

I just got this error after reinstalling Win10 202H (reinstall from scratch). Winbox 64/32 bits 3.27.
I clear cache from the menu option, also user temp dir and system temp dir... search the forum but seems its not a very common problem.

I have an admin user with admin rights, and a normal user with normal user rights that I use every day.
If I run winbox64 3.27 from this normal user, the winbox config files generates themselves: sessions, sessionpath and Addresses.cdb... in root of my drive E (dont know why here) with no addresses/passwords, empty.
Then if I import a .WBX file with all my routers data I see them listed but any of them that I try to connect gives routeros.jg error.
If I close this winbox and reopen, non of the addresses lately imported appears... like it is not saving or cant access default directory winbox is used to (I mean: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik, there I used to see this folders in my old windows installation, but now they wont generate there, insted ther appear in E:\)

If I open winbox64 wiht administrative rights, there everything works fine like it used to, and winbox config file generates and works where it should (mean C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik\winbox)

I also tried clearing cache within winbox.
Also tried disabling windows firewall, but no difference.
Also checked user directory permissions, correspond to the user being logged. (will try creating a new user)

So, any idea? what does it mean "No roteros.jg found" its like the Windows IRQ Interrupt hokus pokus? :-p

PS: also test it with winbox 32bits, the only difference is that it generate the config/session files in C:\
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sebadamus on Wed May 19, 2021 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

sebadamus
Topic Author

Re: Winbox ERROR: No roteros.jg found  [SOLVED]

Mon May 17, 2021 7:32 pm

OK, kind of found the problem. Strange thing it has never happend before and it was a fresh installed Win10 20H2... but s#it happens, may have been my fault.

Seems winbox (at least my winbox in my fresh new windows install) first of all tries to write to C:\Windows\AppData\Mikrotik\Winbox so here was the problem, dont know why, C:\Windows\AppData\ did not exist on my install, so winbox choosed to write sessions, sessionpath and Addresses.cdb (files used to be inside winbox folder) to my E:\ drive.
Then seems ok, but then as its a new install its empty, so I try import addresses, add and/or try to connect to any router gives the "No roteros.jg found" thingy. If I close and open winbox, it looses addresses or imports I have done.

If I tried the same with administrative rights, it works good as always, and it writes the session files to C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik\winbox and connects/saves OK.

I created C:\Windows\AppData\ with inherited Windows directory rights, so now winbox opens with normal user as always... kind of it uses this folder as first "temp" dir or something.

If it happens to any other else... hope it helps.
Last edited by sebadamus on Wed May 19, 2021 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Winbox ERROR: No roteros.jp found

Tue May 18, 2021 11:30 pm

is .jg not JP!!!

sebadamus
Topic Author

Wed May 19, 2021 12:58 am

is .jg not JP!!!
Ohh! yes, your are right, sorry I have a brain problem sometimes I invert some letters.
But thanks for letting me know, I modified the posts... you have been most useful.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 19, 2021 1:05 am

is .jg not JP!!!
Ohh! yes, your are right, sorry I have a brain problem sometimes I invert some letters.
But thanks for letting me know, I modified the posts... you have been most useful.
I have the same problem... understand... :((
just if someone search find this easily

ozairakhlaq
just joined

Re: Winbox ERROR: No roteros.jg found

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:25 pm

OK, kind of found the problem. Strange thing it has never happend before and it was a fresh installed Win10 20H2... but s#it happens, may have been my fault.

Seems winbox (at least my winbox in my fresh new windows install) first of all tries to write to C:\Windows\AppData\Mikrotik\Winbox so here was the problem, dont know why, C:\Windows\AppData\ did not exist on my install, so winbox choosed to write sessions, sessionpath and Addresses.cdb (files used to be inside winbox folder) to my E:\ drive.
Then seems ok, but then as its a new install its empty, so I try import addresses, add and/or try to connect to any router gives the "No roteros.jg found" thingy. If I close and open winbox, it looses addresses or imports I have done.

If I tried the same with administrative rights, it works good as always, and it writes the session files to C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik\winbox and connects/saves OK.

I created C:\Windows\AppData\ with inherited Windows directory rights, so now winbox opens with normal user as always... kind of it uses this folder as first "temp" dir or something.

If it happens to any other else... hope it helps.

Or you could just start Winbox as Administrator. Hope this helps. :)

pcharris2021
just joined

Re: Winbox ERROR: No roteros.jg found

Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:13 pm

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and ran into the same thing when launching Winbox. Launching Winbox as an Administrator was the workaround for me.