Community discussions

MikroTik App

8hzglen
just joined
Topic Author

multiple WAN with multiple DHCP and interconnected DHCP on a single Mikrotik device

Sun May 16, 2021 9:12 pm

Hi.

I am new to Mikrotik, and wanted to connect with two different ISP.

Since they do not have the same speeds (and for security purpose), I plan to create multiple DHCP within a single Mikrotik.

I have two WANs, WAN1 will be in Eth1. and WAN 2 will be in Eth2. Both WAN has a different internet speed. Let's assume that WAN1 has an internet speed of 650 Mbps, and WAN 2 has an internet speed of 400 Mbps.

I need to create a main DHCP (called as DHCP1) where WAN1 will be its internet source.

Then I will create another DHCP (called as DHCP2), and its traffic should be sent/received from DHCP1.

For the third DHCP (called as DHCP3), it should be a mixed connection between WAN2 and DHCP1, via a bonding interface.

To equalize the speed, I plan to use Queues for DHCP1 - where DHCP2 will get 100 Mbps, DHCP3 will get 400 Mbps, and the remaining 150 Mbps for the remaining devices connected for DHCP1.

With this setup, the bonding interface's two inputs have the same internet speed (both 400 Mbps)

Eth3 must be paired for DHCP3. Eth2 must be paired for DHCP2. And Eth5 must be paired for DHCP1 and it will be connected to a Switch, so that the devices connected on the switch will get their addresses on DHCP1.

For a better visualization (of my assumptions)... see image here:

Take note that the blue box in the diagram is Mikrotik.

Let me know how to start with this one.

DeJoe

Re: multiple WAN with multiple DHCP and interconnected DHCP on a single Mikrotik device

Wed May 19, 2021 8:56 am

Hi.

You can't use bonding for that. Bonding needs to be setup on both sides. So as long wan1 and wan2 are not from the same provider and your provider supports bonding, you have to use something else.

I personally would use NTH load balancing for that.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/NTH_load ... masquerade

If you use this every second device will use wan1 and the others will use wan2. So be aware that a single device cant use 800mbit. And the packet flow will be different from what you have drawn in the picture.

If you need a more detailed description please ask.