Community discussions

MikroTik App

stemac
just joined
Topic Author

Dual gateway for dual lte interfaces

Wed May 26, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi guys I have an rbm33g with two lte interfaces, I would to create a secondary gateway on the local network that will use the lte2 interface instead of lte1, i disabled default routes on both interfaces and I create static routes but i'm not able to do this.
I have brisged all lan ports, rbm33g local ip 192.168.0.1 => lte1
i would to create another gateway on the local network in order to insert it manually in the devices 192.168.0.2 => lte2
If this is not possible i would to specify in the router that all device goes to lte1 and only one device of the net will be redirected to lte2 but on the same ethernet (the rbm33g is on the roof with only poe cable)
Thanks in advance

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dual gateway for dual lte interfaces

Wed May 26, 2021 2:46 pm

Read about Policy Base Routing at wiki https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Policy_Base_Routing
or more advance way here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=166412&p=818011#p818011

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dual gateway for dual lte interfaces

Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 pm

In summary, you have two WAN interfaces (at least different IPs)

So keep your manual routes
or the two default routes, matters little to me.

Then create two copies (one copy of each of the above routes), so that you will have four in total.

On the second set for ISP 1 add a routing mark on the route that says "forLTEone"
On the second set for ISP 2 add a routing mark on the route that says "forLTEtwo"

Then create two routing rules.
On the first one
source-address=192.168.0.0/24 (lan subnet A)
Action: LOOK UP
Table: forLTEone

On the second rule
source-address=192.168.1.0/24 (lan subnet B)
Action: LOOK UP
Table: forLTEtwo

All users outgoing requests from subnet A will go out ISP1
All users outgoing requests from subnet B will out out ISP2

Not necessarily in this case if the source of LTE is the same, if one LTE source ISPy goes offline, the router will look for the next available route in the MAIN Table and move traffic from the subnet requiring a route to the other ISPx

If you dont want the router to provide the secondary routing, aka only use LTEx or nothing, then change the Action to Action" LOOKUP ONLY IN TABLE.