Community discussions

MikroTik App

xaviernuma
Topic Author

DST NAT to WAN

Fri May 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi,

I am somewhere on the Internet, I connect to my CCR (WAN IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) via Winbox.
I would like to create a NAT on my CCR in order to access the configuration page of the modem which receives Internet, accessible on the WAN side of the CCR at the address 192.168.100.1.
2021-05-28 15_29_16-Window.png
 chain=dstnat action=dst-nat to-addresses=192.168.100.1 to-ports=80 protocol=tcp dst-port=80 log=no log-prefix="" 

But that doesn't work, usually NAT redirects to a machine on the LAN side, and not on the WAN side ... How could I do this?

Thanks for help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: DST NAT to WAN

Fri May 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Nope, will not provide any configuration to your router that is not on VPN.
And advise you to stop what you are doing with regard to winbox until you access via VPN.

xaviernuma
Topic Author

Fri May 28, 2021 6:11 pm

Ok, thank you for your reply.

I use now PPTP Server, and I am connected on my CCR.
How can I connect to modem configuration (192.168.100.1) from a remote client PPTP ?

Thank you

Hominidae

Fri May 28, 2021 6:50 pm

...most likely a routing / firewall input chain "issue".
Your transfer net / client net of your pptp connection is not part of the interface list allowed for the input chain in your firewall.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 28, 2021 7:00 pm

As noted you have to make sure where your traffic is located./dumped on the router has access via the input chain to the router itself for managment purposes.
This still does not provide necessarily access to the modem.

How would you get access to the modem if you were on the LAN???

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 29, 2021 5:50 pm

Regarding the dst-nat rule: it must work, but you'll likely need a src-nat one as well, or a route on the modem, so that the modem knew where to send the response.

Regarding the VPN: PPTP provides ridiculously weak encryption and doesn't reliably pass through NAT as it is based on GRE, which is hard to handle for NATs (won't annoy you with details unless you ask). L2TP/IPsec is equally simple (or equally complex) to set up and provides much better encryption; it can also cause trouble together with NAT but these can be worked around. IKEv2 has no problems with NAT but it is more complex to set up.

To get a more precise advice regarding remote access to the modem, post the export of the configuration of the CCR.