Community discussions

MikroTik App

psycoclan1
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Can't access network

Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:26 pm

Hi, i am facing a very strange problem here. It should work with my configuration, but it doesnt!

The goal is :
I want to connect a mikrotik routerboard to the DSL router wirelessly and all wired connections on the mikrotik to obtain IP address from the DSL router.

What i've done so far :
I removed default config, set the wlan1 as station, connected it to the DSL router successfully. Then, created a bridge and added wlan and 3 ethernet ports into it.

Result so far :
My windows pc obtains IP address from the DSL router, but no ping, no internet and i cannot ping any other device on the same local network

I've tried everything so far!
Am i missing anything here?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can't access network

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:24 pm

So essentially you want to use mikrotik to wirelessly bridge multiple wired devices on L2. In short: it can't work if both wireless devices are from different vendors due to missing piece in 802.11 standard. You can read more in this nice article. There are some workarounds but all come with gotchas.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can't access network  [SOLVED]

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:33 pm

yes with gotchas (like DHCP leases)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=175769#p860749

psycoclan1
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Can't access network

Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:02 am

bpwl thank you very much. I just changed from station to station pseudobridge and everything is working perfectly!! I didnt know the 802.11 protocol is missing this piece, but pseudobridge looks like it will do the job. i will have to try it on my application/project now to see if it actually works!