Community discussions

MikroTik App

Lostausername
just joined
Topic Author

two cpe's

Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:40 am

i need two different antennas pointed at two different access points, but i only have one wire run from my office to where the antennas will be. i have (2) RBSXTsqG-5acD antennas and an rb750 router board. i also have a receptacle where the antennas will be placed. can i power the rb750 thru the poe in from the receptacle. and then plug my one wire from my office into port 2. Then can i plug each RBSXTsqG-5acD antenna into port 3 and port 4 respectively, and they get their power and send their power from the router board, and each send their data back to my office through the single cat 5? as long as there are no i.p. address conflicts?
also, will the router board let me bridge the two connections? each one is pointed at a separate 30 megabit internet connection...

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: two cpe's

Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:56 am

Which particular RB750 do you have? There are a few models, some current and some discontinued. Ability to power both SXTs depends on particular model.

As to the data connectivity setup: any of RB750 will nicely route traffic. The oldest midels might have hard time to actually route at 60Mbps (both internet links) while running basic firewall (for own protection). Another posssibility would be to use said RB750 as VLAN-aware switch (each of SXT in own VLAN), feasibility depends on your main router. Or use RB750 as simple switch, feasibility again depends on your main router.

Lostausername
just joined
Topic Author

Re: two cpe's

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:34 pm

could you pm me? i am having a really hard time setting this up. it would be great if you could give me a few tips

Which particular RB750 do you have? There are a few models, some current and some discontinued. Ability to power both SXTs depends on particular model.

As to the data connectivity setup: any of RB750 will nicely route traffic. The oldest midels might have hard time to actually route at 60Mbps (both internet links) while running basic firewall (for own protection). Another posssibility would be to use said RB750 as VLAN-aware switch (each of SXT in own VLAN), feasibility depends on your main router. Or use RB750 as simple switch, feasibility again depends on your main router.