Community discussions

MikroTik App

ccwirelesspr
just joined
Topic Author

TCP Established and Call of Duty disconnects

Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:55 am

A few days ago I took out my Edge Router 12P and installed mikrotik ccr-1036 thinking that the performance of the network was going to improve and in fact it was but I have several problems with gamers that previously did not have especially those who play Call Of Duty and that is that sporadically they get the error "Connection Interrupted" this did not happen with the Edge Router. I already changed TCP Established Timeout to 30 Min, 60 Min, 4 Hours, 1 Day, 3 Days, and none of this solves the problem. Any solution ?

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: TCP Established and Call of Duty disconnects

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:44 am

A few days ago I took out my Edge Router 12P and installed mikrotik ccr-1036 thinking that the performance of the network was going to improve and in fact it was but I have several problems with gamers that previously did not have especially those who play Call Of Duty and that is that sporadically they get the error "Connection Interrupted" this did not happen with the Edge Router. I already changed TCP Established Timeout to 30 Min, 60 Min, 4 Hours, 1 Day, 3 Days, and none of this solves the problem. Any solution ?
You should give more details on the problem - what RouterOS version, what firmware version, are the customers behind NAT or do they have public IPs, how much traffic, etc. It is really hard to give advice with such minimal information.

Do not change the TCP timeouts as they are unlikely to be the cause of this issue and it may make the problem worse by overloading the router by increasing timeouts unnecessarily. The longer the timeouts are, the more connections the router has to track, which means an increased load on the router.

ccwirelesspr
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:14 am

Thanks, I have version 6.48. I have this issue with clients that have private ip (NAT) and with clients that have public ip it happens with both segments. The traffic on the interface does not go from 500 to 600 MB.

ccwirelesspr
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:18 am

R1CH
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:01 pm

Try disabling fastpath/fasttrack, netfilter timeouts don't update properly for offloaded traffic.

nichky
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:42 am

just following up.
Is disabling fastpath/fasttrack helps

ccwirelesspr
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:43 am

Thanks, No i think make that Prioritizing Gaming Fasttrack Connections, this really work ?