Community discussions

MikroTik App

bokili
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mikrotik PPPoE Bug

Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:35 am

I didn't try this on 2.9.45 but I suppose it will be the same as I didn't find it in new fixes that you fix this problem.

So the problem:

In our network every PPPoE or PPPtP user have it's own speed (queue) it can be: 256/256k 512/512k, 1024/1024k etc negotiated through radius :). But, after 20-30 days it starts to give megabits for free:) user which connects after this period have unlimit speed and router set up queue as always but it doesn't work. The only SALVATION is router restart. After this, everything works fine. And after 20-30 days period problem is the same.

This is tried with 2.9.42 2.9.43 and currently 2.9.44.. With all of this versions problem is the same. Before 2.9.30-up to about 2.9.40.. we didn't notice this problem.

What can be the problem? It must be the BUG!

sokolov
just joined

Re: Mikrotik PPPoE Bug

Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:49 pm

you mis configured something.
queue is working perfectly.
post your config.

Zarko
SkopjeWirelessNetworkMacedonia

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 pm

Generate support output file, when it is working incorrecly and send it to support.
However, as mention here, most likely you have misconfigured something, that causes such problem now.

bokili
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:48 pm

:)

Okay.. I am telling that it is the bug and I didn't tell that it doesn't work all the time.. So, it doesn't work correctly after random period of time.. everything is setup correctly. No particular reason for such strange behavior of mt. Queue for pppoe users just doesn't work after 20-30 days.. There is nothing added in config at a time when it starts working incorectly.

Every cycle the problem is the same...

bokili
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:28 am

It heppends again before 5 minutes after 15 days uptime.

I forget to make suppout file. I will do it next time..

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:47 am

Make sure that you do not have any script, that is executing at this time (that may disable queues,etc.).

Ozelo

Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:11 pm

We have the same problem here. Most of time this occurs when there are 700 pppoe connected and randomly it lost just one side of the simple queues. ie. All simple queues just dont shape upload, but download is shaping. Or just inverse order alsto true. I didnt see this happening with both up and down shaping at the same time and also didnt see this happening with less than 500 customers connected.

Curiously, this started to happen when we put a Core Duo machine to handle our PPPOE AC. Perhaps a hardware specific issue? I wonder if the supout show something about it...

Anyway, we are on the way to implement queue trees instead simple queues and hopefully solve this.

regards.
Ozelo

bokili
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:55 am

Sergeys, Thank you for your response.. No, I do not have any script.

Ozelo, my problem also started when we achieve high number of pppoe connections at the same time. Yes, I had that problem also when queue for download or upload doesn't work.

I do not think that the problem is hardware because I didn't changed my hardware for 1.5 years and the problem started recently when we started to have high number of simultaneous pppoe connections. CPU Load at the time of maximum number of pppoe connections is under 60%. CPU is Intel Pentium 2.8GHZ with 1MB cash memory.