Community discussions

MikroTik App

gard
Topic Author

How get access in to vlan from mikrotik bridge mode with tagged port?

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:34 pm

Hello all!
Sorry for my bad english.
How can I from PC 10.10.0.20 (default route 10.10.0.1) get access to the switch 10.20.0.10 in vlan 20? Is that possible? I tried through Bridge IP Firewall, Bridge Filters, srcnat ... nothing worked.
Disclaimer: vlans are not terminated anywhere, they just are on the network, and Mikrotik should work as a bridge, but not as a router.
I really hope for your help and at least some correct recipe!

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How get access in to vlan from mikrotik bridge mode with tagged port?

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pm

Well what are the device ahead of the MT device.
I see one attached to the internet CLOUD and I See one just to its left. what are those??

gard
Topic Author

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:58 pm

This is a conditional connection diagram for the 10.10.0.0/16 network. There are many other devices on the network.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:29 pm

So then set up connectivity on your other parent devices, solved!!

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 pm

VLAN with different ID is just like different physical network ... to reach it, one needs router which connects to both sides. Your diagram does not show any such border device, it only shows a device sitting inside VLAN 20. If border device is properly configured, you can't just add VLAN tags to frames sent to non-tagged network and hope they will somehow land in VLAN 20 ...

So if you want to get some proper advice, first post proper information about the network in question.

gard
Topic Author

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Yes, I understand you. Setting up on the parent device is not physically possible. In this vlan 600Mbps traffic. It will simply be irrational use. The question is whether this can be done by means of microtik, without full-fledged routing.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Mikrotik is fully capable of working with VLANs. But it has to be configured properly and attached to a port in the network which allows access to VLAN 200.

But again, you don't provide usable network information so you don't get usable advice.

gard
Topic Author

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:48 pm

Network ... It's simple and flat, it's a local area network with one router 10.10.0.1. But it has vlan virtual networks, one of such networks contains video surveillance, which generates a total traffic of about 600 Mbps. It is very irrational to drive it through a router, because the consumers of this traffic are on the same network. It would be possible to put routers that will connect vlans, but then there is a problem with the domain. Computers must remain in the domain and at the same time access video surveillance devices.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:59 pm

Sounds like you need to talk to the people who are IN CHARGE/RESPONSIBLE for the network as it now appears you are attempting to bypass the current design.
If that design does not meet the rigor of bona fide legitimate requirements suggesting that a new design needs to be developed and then integrated with the current network (new equipment may or may not be needed).
Nothing we can help you with here.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Network ... It's simple and flat, it's a local area network with one router 10.10.0.1.
Since we're discussing VLANs here and those are L2 (or L2.5 if you want), it still isn't simple and flat. For sure there are managed switches with configuration regarding VLANs (port membership etc.) which have much to do with your current wish/problem. Let's assume VLAN20 is, as you imply, self contained without any gateway to the rest of universe (even the rest of LAN). Which means that from network topology point of view it's just like it would be running over completely separate infrastructure (cables, switches, ...). Which means the only way to communicate to devices in that network is to connect your computer to that network. With VLANs that can be done by doing appropriate configuration changes (instead of physical actions), but that must be done by administrator of appropriate LAN infrastructure devices.

gard
Topic Author

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:44 pm

I understand you, but I have what I have. And I think it's achievable, it's just that I'm doing something wrong.
Yes, and it is in the context of vlan that I think that the microtic has its own tricks.
Translate vlan, bridge ip firewall and filters.. something. Question - how it's made.
I got login mikrotik web page from network to ip address in vlan, i used redirect. Its small.

And all devices must remain in AD. Routers for each places... normal, but AD.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:54 pm

OK, since you're not going to describe your environment here's my last post in this thread. Here's a great tutorial on how VLANs are done in mikrotik. Won't help you if your actual LAN layout is as is on your drawing (i.e. your mikrotik completely outside of VLAN 20 area) though.

gard
Topic Author

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:02 pm

Thanks for link.
My mikrotik has access to 10.20.0.0/16 subnet. He has tagged ports on this network and the network is available to him.
Thanks, sorry to waste your time.