Community discussions

MikroTik App

jesse123
just joined
Topic Author

RouterOS isn't available for TheDude.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:34 am

Is RouterOS required for TheDude to function? I took over a network that had no documentation. I can access TheDude's Web Portal, but the RouterOS tab is blank when I click it. We're thinking about upgrading to V6, but we're not sure how to do so without RouterOS. Please let me know if you know how to find the IP address. Thank you very much!
Last edited by jesse123 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dlynes

Re: RouterOS isn't available for TheDude.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:17 pm

There are two versions of TheDude. One runs in RouterOS. Another is a standalone application running on Windows that talks to the MikroTik and RouterOS devices.

You can go here:

https://mikrotik.com/download

Then click on the TheDude drop down and select which stability you would like to download and install on Windows.
Is RouterOS required for TheDude to function? I took over a network that had no documentation. I can access TheDude's Web Portal, but the RouterOS tab is blank when I click it. We're thinking about upgrading to V6, but we're not sure how to do so without RouterOS. Please let me know if you know how to find the IP address. Thank you very much!

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RouterOS isn't available for TheDude.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:41 pm

The Web Portal of The Dude is only on old 4.x version running ONLY on Windows (for the others: and VM, ok, but tis is not the point)
If you see the web portal, you have already the IP, not?

Version v6 work ONLY on RouterBOARD with RouterOS (for the others: and CHR or x86 on VM, ok...)
If you install "The Dude" Client on Windows... install only the Client... the server must be on RouterOS

There are no compatibility between the two version (and also between same v6 version...)