Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

jober
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

MacOS problems with MT hotspot

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:43 pm

We have a speed problem with any MacOS customers that connect to the MT hotspots. So far it's at all the locations. They only get about 4k transfers or slower then dialup.
Is there any way to fix this problem or should we tell the customers that MT is not compatiable with our MT hotspot service?
We have removed the MT from the loop and the MacOS customers have no problems so it has to be the MT.

HELP!!!! :?

mag

Re: MacOS problems with MT hotspot

Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:28 pm

i did all my mt-configuration and lots of testing -- including hotspot -- at work from a powerbook 400 with airport (802.11b) and macos x 10.3 with no problems at all. plus i have a few other macs connected to my home mt-wlan-router)

there were router os versions with wireless-problems concerning atheros radios, but theese have been solved.

which router version is in use?
and with macs there are still some macos 9 users, forget them ;-)
with macos x there should be few or no problems, as it is basically a bsd-unix (if the original airport cards are used). the macs should use macos x 10.3.7 with latest airport software. theres also a driver for atheros
pc-cards.

regards,
matthias

jober
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

To: mag

Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:30 pm

The routerOS we are using is 2.8.5 and 2.8.11 at the hotspot locations, There are no radios in the MT, we use ethernet to switchs and 2611AP3s. At one location we have Zcomax XWL450 AP that work as AP repeaters and they are only going one hope out.
You say "forget them" to macOS 9, is that because there is a big problem or are you just being funny.

tully
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:36 pm

As always, you should upgrade to the current version and then make a supout file when you see the issue.

If you have important issues that need to be resolve, this is the process!

John

mag

Re: To: mag

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:41 am

You say "forget them" to macOS 9, is that because there is a big problem or are you just being funny.
macos x is now around 5 years old and macos 9 support might be a challenge for mac freaks... (yes there are lots of problems with newer hardware, tcp/ip and so on)

but, as there is a whole set of hardware concerned it is necessary to locate the problem: wireless, network or hotspot-server...
and i'd like to second tullys e-mail before.

regards.
  matthias