Community discussions

MikroTik App

rosboy
just joined
Topic Author

SXT questions

Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:52 am

Hi there,
I have a Mikrotik SXT Lte kit and I am a newbie, I have the following questions:

1) when I connect to the Mikrotik via Winbox I see that it always starts with 0.0.0.0, even after resetting it. Do the default IP should not be 192.168.88.1 or 192.168.8.1?
2) What exactly is the purpose of the 2th Ethernet port Poe Out?
3) Where is it possible to configure DDNS (dyndns, noip...)?
4) is it possible to use or install a Torrent client to download files when the computer is off?
5) I have some credentials for OpenVPN: is it possible to use them on the Mikrotik to activate/deactivate the VPN of my provider?

Thanks

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT questions

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:15 am

Hi there,
I have a Mikrotik SXT Lte kit and I am a newbie, I have the following questions:

1) when I connect to the Mikrotik via Winbox I see that it always starts with 0.0.0.0, even after resetting it. Do the default IP should not be 192.168.88.1 or 192.168.8.1?
2) What exactly is the purpose of the 2th Ethernet port Poe Out?
3) Where is it possible to configure DDNS (dyndns, noip...)?
4) is it possible to use or install a Torrent client to download files when the computer is off?
5) I have some credentials for OpenVPN: is it possible to use them on the Mikrotik to activate/deactivate the VPN of my provider?

Thanks
1) Depend on RouterOS version and on what "reset" method you use, search and read the forum, is full of examples.
2) Someone use it usefullly, if you do not need it, ignore it.
3) No DDNS. NOIP, etc. just a "/ip cloud" service, search and read the forum, is full of examples.
4) Seriously? You know one router of any vendor with this feature?
5) YES and NO, depend on OpenVPN version, search and read the forum, is full of examples.