Community discussions

MikroTik App

Zizico2
just joined
Topic Author

Bad upload performance - LHG LTE6

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:01 pm

I'm testing the LHG LTE6 for a house that is going to have 3/4 concurrent internet users pretty much all the time. On my phone I get 46 down and 47 up on speedtest. On a computer connected directly to the antenna/modem I'm getting 90-ish down and 7 up!!!!! Eventually I am going to deploy it in bridged mode with a router of mine. 7 up isn't really acceptable for me and I need to decide whether to return it. Is there anything I can test/do to improve the upload performance? I get 16dB SINR if that helps.

pallis
just joined

Re: Bad upload performance - LHG LTE6

Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:56 pm

I came across the same issue on several MT devices.

What MT device are you using?
On my phone I get 46 down and 47 up on speedtest.
You mean phone directly to the provider or wifi connected to Mikrotik?

The reason that I am asking is because I repeated the following tests with several MT devices.

Mikrotik -- Cable -- PC -----> Slow Upload (Chrome, Firefox, windows application, command line all OOKLA speedtest)
Mikrotik Wifi -- PC ------> Slow Upload (Chrome, Firefox, windows application, command line all OOKLA speedtest)
Mikrotik Wifi -- Mobile phone ------> Fast upload (OOKLA Speedtest , nPerf)

At this point I thought something was related to the wifi or cable connection

Mikrotik -- Cable -- Access point -- PC ------> Slow Upload (Chrome, Firefox, windows application, command line all OOKLA speedtest)
Mikrotik -- Cable -- Access point -- Mobile phone ------> Fast Upload (OOKLA Speedtest, nPerf)

For all the cases which resulted in slow upload speed, when I used nPerf, PC upload was similar to mobile phone.

I noticed similar results with other mobile routers and services, so concluded that the problem is somehow OOKLA speedtest on PC related.

Zizico2
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Bad upload performance - LHG LTE6  [SOLVED]

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:34 am

Well..... I deplyed it on my roof and this is no longer a problem. Maybe something about my walls or wtv was absolutely hammering the antenna's emition?!