Community discussions

MikroTik App

Sika40
just joined
Topic Author

slow internet speeds

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:45 pm

Hello,

Im using a RB2011Uias-2hnd router for my connection via air link from a fiberlink. I have download speed of 100 mbs and upload speed 50mbs. The speed was always constant in everything I did--surfing the web, streaming videos, youtube, streaming to youtube and twitch and everything else. As of last week I get my max speed only on downloads from Steam and some speedtests on speedtest.net and that only from servers which I was not getting the speed from before. I contacted my ISP provider and they stated that on the same day that I noticed the problem with the internet speed someone cut the main fiber line and nobody was connecting to the web but they fixed the issue in a couple of hours. I insisted with my issue and they sent the tech to my house which tested the whole system and the speed was constant and the same in every test that he did. When I asked him why do I have poor upload speed to Twitch and download speed from nvidia when downloading Gpu drivers ( and that only after the incident with the fiber line ) he sad that he does not have an answer to that. According to him and the tests he did everything seems to be in order from the ISP side. But I can not get full speed on speedtests ( dslreports and speedtest.net) my torrents are also slow but for some reason Steam goes fast and max out my download speed to the 95 mbs. I am new to mikrotik and I dont know what to look for or where to start so any help would be appreciated. I dont get full speeds on downloads from the web neither from torrents. I do not have any filter or mangle rules on my mikrotik, if somebody can help I am very grateful , thx in advance