MikroTik App

machack
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Bonding 2 Wireless Link

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:07 am

Good afternoon

we have a remote site, where for geographical reasons we arrive with radio links. for a question of capacity, 2 links were placed.

Side A, as seen in the graph, the radios are directly connected to the RB1036, where we create a Bonding in BALANCE mode rr.

Side B as it is in the graph, the Radios first reach a CRS317 switch, and each port is untagged in a vlan 100 and 110. Because from that CRS 317 there is a 10g link to a CCR1036.
In this we create a Bonding with the Vlan 100 and 110 in Balance rr mode.

This works!

But our problem is that we need to have management of the radios, but from each condo router we ping the radios we lose half of the packets, it is understandable because of the issue of (bonding rr) when we want it to be 802.3 nothing works. I understand that it may be because when in Router A We create the bondig errl CRS317 It listens and automatically creates the bonding, which would not be a problem, if I could put that bondig untagged in a vlan, and it will not be necessary to create the bonding in the router B.

any help. Thanks!!!!

Bonding_problem.jpg
En español:
Buenas tardes

tenemos un sitio remoto, donde por cuestiones geograficas llegamos con radios enlaces. por una cuestion de capacidad se colocaron 2 enlaces.

Lado A como se ve en el grafico los radios estan directamente conectados al RB1036, donde creamos un Bonding en Modo BALANCE rr.

Lado B como esta en el grafico los Radios primero llegan a un switch CRS317, y cada puerto esta untagged en una vlan 100 y 110. Por que desde ese CRS 317 va un link de 10g A un CCR1036.
En este creamos un Bonding con las Vlan 100 y 110 en modo Balance rr.

Esto funciona!

Per nuestro problema es que necesitamos tener administracion de los radios, pero desde cada router condo hacemos ping a los radios perdemos la mitad de los paquetes, es entendible por el tema de (bonding rr) cuando queremos que sea 802.3 no funciona nada. Entiendo que puede ser por que cuando en Router A Creamos el bondig errl CRS317 Escucha y crea automaticamente el bonding, lo cual no seria problema, si pudiera a ese bondig ponerlo untagged en una vlan, y no sera necesario ni crear el bonding en el router B.

cualquier ayuda. Gracias!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jonah1810
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Bonding 2 Wireless Link

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:16 am

Okay so if i am understanding correctly, and based off of https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... elesslinks

instead of untagged vlan 110 and 100 in the switch try putting tagged vlan 110 and 100 on Router A and bond the vlans like you did on router B. and simply have the CRS Bridge each of them with their respective vlan on router B.

I personally would use more vlans for MGMT of the radios but the link i posted says to just have radios connect via ethernet and vlans on both sides for the data.

I just set up a wireless bonded link (without the additional switch) and I had massive packet loss till I put the traffic on vlans on both sides. But it is my first bonded link set up and based off your certifications I would say you know vlans better than I do. So I'm sorry if this was of no help!

machack
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Bonding 2 Wireless Link

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:00 pm

Okay so if i am understanding correctly, and based off of https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... elesslinks

instead of untagged vlan 110 and 100 in the switch try putting tagged vlan 110 and 100 on Router A and bond the vlans like you did on router B. and simply have the CRS Bridge each of them with their respective vlan on router B.

I personally would use more vlans for MGMT of the radios but the link i posted says to just have radios connect via ethernet and vlans on both sides for the data.

I just set up a wireless bonded link (without the additional switch) and I had massive packet loss till I put the traffic on vlans on both sides. But it is my first bonded link set up and based off your certifications I would say you know vlans better than I do. So I'm sorry if this was of no help!

Thank you very much for the answer, the problem is that in one of the sites before the router I have a CRS317 switch, that is the problem.

If the Bond could be created on side A and the Switch on side B, it would not be necessary to create the bondo on router B, I just need to create an Untaged vlan on the witch's LAG, I think that's the solution

but I cannot create the vlan on the LAG since it is not in the list .. even though it is fixed in the CRS317