Community discussions

MikroTik App

tyro1989
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik LHG LTE6 doesn't detect the SIM and blocks the internet connection

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:08 pm

I bought a new device around 6 months back and it has had intermittent issues which required restarts. Typically, it gets resolved after the restart but since yesterday, it hasn't been working at all.

I usually fixed the problem by "Check for updates" and "reset" but that fails saying "ERROR: could\_not\_resolve\_dns\_name". My laptop is able to connect to the internet via my phone's hotspot but when I connect Mikrotik device via LAN, the internet goes away and I can't even ping 8.8.8.8 or google.com.

I also see that the interface for lte says that "no sim card inserted". I tried 3 SIM cards and multiple resets and reboots with no help.

I have two questions:

1. Any alternative to fix the SIM card issue? I didn't receive any warranty (card) on the device while buying it. As a follow-up where to reach out for the warranty? I saw at multiple places that the device was defective.
2. Why does connecting to the LAN blocks the internet which has been running with the hotspot?

I have added the details below (PFA attached pictures for the exact error). Anything else I could try or provide for a better context?

```
[admin@MikroTik] > intercace lte info lte  
bad command name intercace (line 1 column 1)
[admin@MikroTik] > interface lte info lte  
     pin-status: SIM not inserted
  functionality: tx and rx rf circuit disabled
   manufacturer: "MikroTik"
          model: "R11e-LTE6"
       revision: R11e-LTE6_V025
           imei: 356662100649729
```
```
[admin@MikroTik] > /ip route print 
Flags: X - disabled, A - active, D - dynamic, C - connect, S - static, r - rip, b - bgp, o - ospf, m - mme, B - blackhole, U - unreachable, P - prohibit 
 #      DST-ADDRESS        PREF-SRC        GATEWAY            DISTANCE
 0 ADC  192.168.88.0/24    192.168.88.1    ether1                    0

[admin@MikroTik] > /ip address print 
Flags: X - disabled, I - invalid, D - dynamic 
 #   ADDRESS            NETWORK         INTERFACE                                                                                                                  
 0   ;;; defconf
     192.168.88.1/24    192.168.88.0    ether1        
```

```
[admin@MikroTik] > /export hide-sensitive                  
# jan/02/1970 00:12:36 by RouterOS 6.48
# software id = FPU9-2JB9
#
# model = RBLHGGR
# serial number = D8C40CBF241E
/interface lte
set [ find ] name=lte1
/interface list
add comment=defconf name=WAN
add comment=defconf name=LAN
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/ip hotspot profile
set [ find default=yes ] html-directory=hotspot
/ip pool
add name=dhcp ranges=192.168.88.10-192.168.88.254
/ip dhcp-server
add address-pool=dhcp disabled=no interface=ether1 name=defconf
/ip neighbor discovery-settings
set discover-interface-list=LAN
/interface list member
add comment=defconf interface=ether1 list=LAN
add comment=defconf interface=lte1 list=WAN
add list=LAN
/ip address
add address=192.168.88.1/24 comment=defconf interface=ether1 network=192.168.88.0
/ip dhcp-server network
add address=192.168.88.0/24 comment=defconf gateway=192.168.88.1
/ip dns
set allow-remote-requests=yes
/ip dns static
add address=192.168.88.1 comment=defconf name=router.lan
/ip firewall filter
add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept established,related,untracked" connection-state=established,related,untracked
add action=drop chain=input comment="defconf: drop invalid" connection-state=invalid
add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept ICMP" protocol=icmp
add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept to local loopback (for CAPsMAN)" dst-address=127.0.0.1
add action=drop chain=input comment="defconf: drop all not coming from LAN" in-interface-list=!LAN
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept in ipsec policy" ipsec-policy=in,ipsec
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept out ipsec policy" ipsec-policy=out,ipsec
add action=fasttrack-connection chain=forward comment="defconf: fasttrack" connection-state=established,related
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept established,related, untracked" connection-state=established,related,untracked
add action=drop chain=forward comment="defconf: drop invalid" connection-state=invalid
add action=drop chain=forward comment="defconf: drop all from WAN not DSTNATed" connection-nat-state=!dstnat connection-state=new in-interface-list=WAN
/ip firewall nat
add action=masquerade chain=srcnat comment="defconf: masquerade" ipsec-policy=out,none out-interface-list=WAN
/system routerboard settings
set cpu-frequency=1000MHz
/tool mac-server
set allowed-interface-list=LAN
/tool mac-server mac-winbox
set allowed-interface-list=LAN
[admin@MikroTik] >  
```
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik LHG LTE6 doesn't detect the SIM and blocks the internet connection

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:41 am

SIM card not inserted, but it is inserted and the SIM works normally on a smartphone = Broken SIM port of your MikroTik.

Sadly this is a common problem with MikroTik.

Regards.

user001
just joined

Re: Mikrotik LHG LTE6 doesn't detect the SIM and blocks the internet connection

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:43 pm

I have had just the same problem during my first LHG setup yesterday.
It has been due to my mistake, I wrote down in to "Operator" field my operators name "tele2" and that leaded to inability to connect and "tx and rx rf circuit disabled" message. I noticed this from lte logs and error when modem is sending command and operator declines.