Community discussions

MikroTik App

Psynapsx
just joined
Topic Author

S+RJ10 no link with pppoe

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:03 am

I have an issue with a MikrotiTik CCR2004-1G-12S+2XS. Since this router only has SFP+ ports (apart from the management port) I bought an S+RJ10 module and installed it in my SFP+1 port so that I can connect it to my modem.
However it does not work for some reason, there is no link. I tried disabling auto negotiating and setting it to 1Gbps manually, same results.

No issues if I set ether1 (rj45 management) port to be my pppoe port. The S+RJ10 module in the sfp+1 port works with a client, just not as the pppoe interface.
Did you experience anything like this in the past? What was the solution?

0bit
just joined

Re: S+RJ10 no link with pppoe

Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:30 pm

I have an issue with a MikrotiTik CCR2004-1G-12S+2XS. Since this router only has SFP+ ports (apart from the management port) I bought an S+RJ10 module and installed it in my SFP+1 port so that I can connect it to my modem.
However it does not work for some reason, there is no link. I tried disabling auto negotiating and setting it to 1Gbps manually, same results.

No issues if I set ether1 (rj45 management) port to be my pppoe port. The S+RJ10 module in the sfp+1 port works with a client, just not as the pppoe interface.
Did you experience anything like this in the past? What was the solution?
Did you find a way to fix this?

trex2000
just joined

Re: S+RJ10 no link with pppoe

Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:45 am

I have the same issue.
I have bought the S+RJ10 and pluggin in a ccr2004-16g-2s+pc router.
The card is recognized, but when I connect the ethernet cable of the ISP's router, it shows no link, no leds light up.
Also, I've tried to set the speed to 1Gbps or even 100Mbps, with no change.
The ISPs router is in bridge mode and uses pppoe for connection.
I bought it as they will never provide support via Fiber link as you will always have to use their ONT but they already started to install the 10Gbps lines. And this product was listed as compatible on microtik's website.