Community discussions

MikroTik App

Amakesh
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik SXT LTE6 and - two APN profiles same passthrough intetface.

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:56 am

I have Mikrotik SXT LTE6 kit with two sim cards inserted. The sim cards are from two different isp and have different apns.
I added second APN profile with bridgeLocal(Eth1 and Eth2) as passthrough interface and it worked with one of the sim cards(A).
Next i switched to the other sim card(B) and try to set same passthrough interface for default APN profile, but i can't, because it gives me an error:
"Couldn't change LTE APN <default> passthrough-interface can't repeat (6)."
Is there any workaround for it?
I'd like to use SXT only as modem with failover(because it isunfortunately not able to use both sim cards at a time) but in addition to switch the sim catd it needs to "switch" an APN(different APN names).

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik SXT LTE6 and - two APN profiles same passthrough intetface.

Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:23 pm

In my scenario I do swap of SIM Slot via SMS... but this run script who do:
change for lte1 interface to proper APN Profile and do some other changes like set IMEI, set TTL, set MSS etc..

When I want do change of SIM slot I always go to system > scripts and RUN script ChangeSIM.

My script works for RouterOS7, you probably works with stable one, but example is here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=159520&p=816964#p816964

I not use the "passthrough" but when I test it I use differ VLANs for each simcard. You can use easier way and script that in scenario... when change sim then sim-opposite disable passthrough apn profile and activate passthrough interface in new sim apn profile. Two lines more in each site of script.