Community discussions

MikroTik App

IYARINDRA
just joined
Topic Author

How to config mikrotik to be able to access it via winbox with pivpn+wireguard?

Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:50 pm

How to config mikrotik to be able to access it via winbox with pivpn+wireguard?

I can ping back and forth between my phones, my router, as well as from pc with wireguard connection.
Just only the winbox that cannot be access to my router via wireguard on pi.

Thank you in advanced for your helps.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to config mikrotik to be able to access it via winbox with pivpn+wireguard?

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:55 pm

Where it "cannot be seen"? If you mean you cannot see the Mikrotik in the neighbor list of Winbox, that
a) is no surprise as the Mikrotik Neighbor Discovery Protocol is a broadcast one whereas your Mikrotik and the laptop where the Winbox is running are in different IP subnets,
b) doesn't matter as you can enter the IP address of the Mikrotik directly rather than double-click a row in the neighbor list.

IYARINDRA
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How to config mikrotik to be able to access it via winbox with pivpn+wireguard?

Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:55 pm

b) doesn't matter as you can enter the IP address of the Mikrotik directly rather than double-click a row in the neighbor list.
By typing the IP address, ERROR: could not connect to 192.168.88.1.
Without wireguard activation it work fine though.

Thank you for your reply.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to config mikrotik to be able to access it via winbox with pivpn+wireguard?  [SOLVED]

Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:37 am

You expect too much mentalist capability from the forum users as you don't provide any details about the network topology, routes etc.

Is 192.16.88.x a typo or the second byte is really 16?
Is there a route to 10.6.0.2 on the Mikrotik via 192.16.88.10 (the RPi's address in the common subnet)?
Do the Wireguard settings allow the traffic between 192.16.88.10 and 10.6.0.2 at both endpoints?
Does the firewall on the Mikrotik allow incoming Winbox connections from 10.6.0.2?
Are there no rules in RPi's firewall that could block the Winbox connection?
Aren't there any rules selectively blocking some ICMP traffic, thus preventing PMTUD from working properly (the MTU of the Wireguard interface is smaller than the one of Ethernet)?

Use /tool sniffer on the Mikrotik and tcpdump on the RPi to see where the problem is.

IYARINDRA
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:37 am

Thank you very much for your help sandy. Your check list save my life.