MikroTik App

john231
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

LHGG LTE6 kit - SIM card not inserted

Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:42 pm

Hey,

Just had this problem this morning. Suddenly my LHGG LTE6 kit had no internet connection. When i looked at the status page of the lte1 interface it said that "sim card not inserted".

I managed to fix the issue by keeping the router powered on and looking at the lte1 interface via winbox and inserting and removing the sim card. Had to do it multiple times when finally PIN status was "ok".

This was very weird because i attached the sim card once while setting the LHGG up and did not touch it at all for about 8 months (until today).

Reading through old posts i see that this is an ongoing issue with a lot of mikrotik products. The sim card slot is a bit faulty.

This i just a PSA if anyone runs into the same issue.

MikeSU
just joined

Re: LHGG LTE6 kit - SIM card not inserted

Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:13 pm

I have the same problem. Interesting, that one of the operator's card (YOTA), working fine and the other two (Tele2 and Beeline) not working at all (SIM card not inserted).
Changed cards several times, the phenomenon is reproduced.

john231
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:22 am

I have the same problem. Interesting, that one of the operator's card (YOTA), working fine and the other two (Tele2 and Beeline) not working at all (SIM card not inserted).
Changed cards several times, the phenomenon is reproduced.
I have heard that people stick duct tapes to the back of the sim card. Maybe to make it thicker? Don’t know. Anyways would love to know is there something different between sim cards or something inside gets too loose. Because if you insert the sim card once and then it randomly fails on you, this isn’t normal.

3ak
just joined

Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:51 pm

Hey,

Just had this problem this morning. Suddenly my LHGG LTE6 kit had no internet connection. When i looked at the status page of the lte1 interface it said that "sim card not inserted".

I managed to fix the issue by keeping the router powered on and looking at the lte1 interface via winbox and inserting and removing the sim card. Had to do it multiple times when finally PIN status was "ok".

This was very weird because i attached the sim card once while setting the LHGG up and did not touch it at all for about 8 months (until today).

Reading through old posts i see that this is an ongoing issue with a lot of mikrotik products. The sim card slot is a bit faulty.

This i just a PSA if anyone runs into the same issue.
I had the same issue. A SIM-slot contacts are badly soldered. A hot air soldering station has solved this problem.

john231
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:49 pm

Back again with this issue, is it covered under warranty or something? I do not have a soldering station and this is very bad when it happens and i'm 300km away. I like to fix this issue permanently. Product brought from Euro.Dk.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:03 pm

This issue was brought up in ref to the latest newletter 105 on a question from a user.
Did any of you make a report to MT on this issue and if so what is the reference number of the ticket??

john231
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed May 25, 2022 10:36 am

No i did not, how do i do it?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 28, 2022 12:47 am

Just write a e-mail to support@mikrotik.com or use help.mikrotik.com .

About LHGGR... he use a SIM slot of first Revision of LHGR who have solved that hardware problem in Revision 2 and slot is revert over 180° too !.
I not know why MikroTik create in new hardware like LHGGR the old know SIM slot with old know problem :(.

Yes, the office tape on back of SIM solve issue and HELP TO PULL OUT SIM CARD !!!.
sim_revision.jpg
LHGR SIM CARD.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.