Community discussions

MikroTik App

joubertdj
just joined
Topic Author

Simple queue interface direction query

Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:56 pm

Dear all,

I have configured a Simple Queue to the WAN port (ether1-gateway, in an RB951) using pcq using the following statement:
/queue simple add max-limit=50M/50M name=external-queue queue=pcq-upload-default/pcq-download-default target=ether1-gateway
I am however, not 100% certain that the "pcq-upload-default/pcq-download-default" order is correct and even tried a reverse of it. The reason for this is due to the following screengrab of the queue details (where I correspondingly changed the order to "pcq-download-default/pcq-upload-default"):
2021-07-12 16_46_11-Window.png
You will notice that the "upload" bytes/rates correctly refer to the rates when my internal LAN download anything, and the "download" bytes/rates refer to the rates when my LAN upload items to the queue. I have looked at the explanation that says the "interface" direction is from the perspective of the "target" (see https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Q ... ple_Queues), however, that explanation doesn't really mean allot to me, as I do not understand if the "target" is facing inwards/outwards.

Can anyone maybe "set me straight" as to the explanation of the directions please?
I would like to make sure that the classification by the PCQ is correct obviously!

Bets regards,

Dawie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.