Community discussions

MikroTik App

lindend
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot/Captive Portal Connection Refused

Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:13 am

We're currently on 6.44.5 and are encountering the "Connection Refused" issue when clients try to load the hotspot URL. A similar report was posted in the Wireless subgroup but this isn't a wireless setup so I wasn't sure it was exactly the same issue.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=150842

This is a new setup rather than a previously working setup. The clients show up in the Hosts tab. They can't ping the router and show "Connection Refused" when I try to access the router ip address/login URL directly or the DNS alias login page.

If I add web sites to the walled garden, they work, I also setup IP Bindings for MAC addresses and that works (i.e. surfing works without login). Are there any known issues in the 6.44.5 release with hotspots? The thread above indicated that there were some known problems with 6.45.x releases.

lindend
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot/Captive Portal Connection Refused

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:41 pm

Should clients be able to ping the hotspot/router IP address prior to authentication at the captive portal?

lindend
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot/Captive Portal Connection Refused

Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Upgraded to 6.47.10 and hotspot connections started to work and have been reliable so far.