MikroTik App

nickcarr
just joined
Topic Author

Queue Tree and OpenVPN

Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:03 pm

Hi all.
I'm happy to be here.
I had a look on the Forum, searching something about the object of this post. But i did find nothing.
I use queue tree based upon physical interfaces. And it's smooth!
I added OpenVPN with remote IP Phones and SoftPhones that register and work fine with my PBX (>> than 30 clients and they change their address each time they connect).
I would work better that i'm actually doing.
My question is about this: how could i define a Parent Queue with Open VPN Interfaces? They are dynamic and so it's not possible, to me (atm) to match rules in my queues as they are too much and not static.
Have i to group them? How? Is there a "trick"?
Thanks in advance.
/NC

vazzY00
just joined

Re: Queue Tree and OpenVPN

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:02 pm

Marking by ports not an option?

nickcarr
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:26 pm

Marking by ports not an option?
Thanks for answer.
Please, explain me (or give me a link to manuals). I always use to mark connections, then packet and set Queues Parent and child. Always in egress from ifaces.
Never used with ports in q-tree.

vazzY00
just joined

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:59 pm

I'm a begginer at queues and bunch of mikrotik as well just to clarify, so I may be wrong detailing some stuff.

Still... I think you could try marking all the VPN traffic packets into the desired queue if VPN Server uses specific known portrange (or maybe static vpn server ip).

Also, VPN Server is outside currently working network right?

For example if I know remote vpn server uses 1194 udp port for connection, or static IP, I would just mark the connection prerouting chain with dst-address such static ip, or such dst-port 1194 udp. Then mark packets from that conn, then manage from queue as usual.