Community discussions

MikroTik App

leksand
just joined
Topic Author

Many dhcp via one port on

Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:46 pm

There is a task to switch to mikrotik from the old cisco.
It will be CCR1016-12g. After it, first the old switches (vlans are able, they are already registered), followed by replacement with CRS354.
How to correctly configure many vlans and dhcp on one ccr1016 port?
Each vlan has its own dedicated range of ip addresses and each should have its own dhcp settings, which ccr1016 will do - its own dhcp range, gateway.
There are not enough ports in ccr1016 for all vlans, crs354, it seems to me, is worse suited for this task.
I came across on the forums that it is necessary to do vlan on bridge interfaces, but I want to find more detailed information, if there is an article with a similar topic - write the link

biomesh
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Many dhcp via one port on

Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:31 pm

Take a look at viewtopic.php?t=143620 for vlan configurations. In particular look at the router.rsc for an example configuration. It contains everything you are looking for.

The one port connected to the ccr1016 would be a trunk port for all vlans. You will create a vlan interface for each vlan and a dhcp server, etc and assign the service to the correct vlan interface.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:03 pm

Just to be clear the switch will be responsible for all DHCP or a router............
If you get a switch to do routing functions then only a few switches are capable of doing both.

leksand
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:35 am

Just to be clear the switch will be responsible for all DHCP or a router............
If you get a switch to do routing functions then only a few switches are capable of doing both.
ccr1016 will be responsible for everything-the core of the network. The load is up to 200 users at the peak, but usually 50-100. there will also be a second ccr1016 as a backup, perhaps I will configure load balancing.

if I chose , I would take no lower than ccr1036, but I have to configure what I have already bought without thinking about the entire list of tasks. bgp (I may not include fullview, dead-end AS), two providers at the entrance, a vpn for remote users, then a switch. Up to 20 vlans, but in most 3-10 active devices, each with its own dhcp. I can allocate dhcp to the server, but I want to leave everything on mikrotik ccr1016.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Just follow the link provided above it will get you 98% of the way.
Once you are done configuring and something isnt working or want to get it checked just post the config

/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish

PS. Sweet router, if you have an extra one you dont know what to do with send it my way LOL.

leksand
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:15 pm

The problem is solved. In parallel, I received MTCNA.
By topic: what will go to another switch in the trunk port - all vlans on this interface, if something is directly from the mikrotik-vlans are not needed, in fact, an access port with untagged traffic. DHCP servers, where it is necessary to attach to vlan interfaces