bishophunks
just joined
Topic Author

Dual wan with Load Balance| Fail over | Merge

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:29 pm

Hi Guys,

Note: ISP1 10mbps
ISP2 5mbps

Just need a little help, I am newbie here, anyone tried to used Dual Wan With Load Balance. fail over and Merge bandwidth?

Observe: Smooth as a 99% working for me together with 2 ISP merge bandwidth using "Bridge-LAN" in Bridge in our LAN clients.

Problem: if i used other Bridge like Named "PPPOE", the said PPPOE client can't worked with 2 ISP merge but it has a internet.

Please see picture below for reference also my script.

Here's is the proof that 2 isp merge is working as you can see both ISP (ISP1 and ISP2) working together at a time. this was i am using Bridge-LAN at a Bridge. this also tried to a download a file,

This was i am using PPPoE at Bridge. as you can see, only 1 ISP is working at a time if i tried to download a file.

Here is my script.

/ip firewall mangle

add chain=prerouting dst-address-type=!local in-interface=Bridge-LAN per-connection-classifier=both-addresses-and-ports:2/0 action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=ISP1_conn passthrough=yes
add chain=prerouting dst-address-type=!local in-interface=Bridge-LAN per-connection-classifier=both-addresses-and-ports:2/1 action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=ISP2_conn passthrough=yes

add chain=prerouting connection-mark=ISP1_conn in-interface=Bridge-LAN action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=to_ISP1
add chain=prerouting connection-mark=ISP2_conn in-interface=Bridge-LAN action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=to_ISP2

add chain=prerouting dst-address-type=!local in-interface=PPPoE per-connection-classifier=both-addresses-and-ports:2/0 action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=ISP1_conn passthrough=yes
add chain=prerouting dst-address-type=!local in-interface=PPPoE per-connection-classifier=both-addresses-and-ports:2/1 action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=ISP2_conn passthrough=yes

add chain=prerouting connection-mark=ISP1_conn in-interface=PPPoE action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=to_ISP1
add chain=prerouting connection-mark=ISP2_conn in-interface=PPPoE action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=to_ISP2

/ip route
add dst-address=0.0.0.0/0 gateway=192.168.5.1%pppoe-out1 routing-mark=to_ISP1 check-gateway=ping com=pppoe-out1
add dst-address=0.0.0.0/0 gateway=10.10.9.1%pppoe-out2 routing-mark=to_ISP2 check-gateway=ping com=pppoe-out2

add dst-address=0.0.0.0/0 gateway=192.168.5.1%pppoe-out1 distance=1 check-gateway=ping com=pppoe-out1
add dst-address=0.0.0.0/0 gateway=10.10.9.1%pppoe-out2 distance=2 check-gateway=ping com=pppoe-out2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dual wan with Load Balance| Fail over | Merge

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:57 pm

To be clear you have
Two Different ISPs, each provides you with a dhcp pppoe client login?

Please post your config
/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish
(and also if any information you dont want divulged is still showing please xxxxx it out).

bishophunks
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:01 pm

To be clear you have
Two Different ISPs, each provides you with a dhcp pppoe client login?

Please post your config
/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish
(and also if any information you dont want divulged is still showing please xxxxx it out).
Hi anav,
thanks for your urgent reply.

for your question, Yes I have 2 different ISP, and each provider are with DHCP pppoe client login.

and for your request, please see attached file my config.
MyConfig.rsc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Hi there,
These are my observations/questions.

1. Okay standard two different WANs each uses a dynamic IP addresses assigned by PPPOE
2. No need for bridge for wan
3. No need for pool for pppoe, it should all be handled in PPPOE client settings interface (all that is basically required for client success).
4. No clue what you are doing with PPP and tying that to the PPOE clients and bridge??
5. Dont need bridge port for PPPOE
6. Dont need bridge for single etherport either.
Can put etherport directly to subnet via IP address etc....... NO HARM if you want to keep it as is . Just making the observation.
7. Why do you have pppoe server setup, I though you just had two clients???
8. Not sure why you are mangling.

I suspect most of the issues I noted are my lack of understanding of what you are trying to accomplish vice any ill configuration.

What bothers me most is the complete lack of firewall rules. I hope this is not connected to the internet!!!

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:28 pm

no firewall and /ip dns set allow-remote-requests=yes
=
all world is not enough...
Last edited by rextended on Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bishophunks
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:43 pm

Hi there,

1. Okay standard two different WANs each uses a dynamic IP addresses assigned by PPPOE
3. No need for pool for pppoe, it should all be handled in PPPOE client settings interface (all that is basically required for client success).
4. No clue what you are doing with PPP and tying that to the PPOE clients and bridge??
Can put etherport directly to subnet via IP address etc....... NO HARM if you want to keep it as is . Just making the observation.

I suspect most of the issues I noted are my lack of understanding of what you are trying to accomplish vice any ill configuration.

What bothers me most is the complete lack of firewall rules. I hope this is not connected to the internet!!!
Hi there,

1. Okay standard two different WANs each uses a dynamic IP addresses assigned by PPPOE. YES
2. No need for bridge for wan - i use bridge interface ((Bridge-LAN) to work LAN client here in our houses using ether5(under DHCP server)
3. No need for pool for pppoe, it should all be handled in PPPOE client settings interface (all that is basically required for client success). - what should i need to do for this?
4. No clue what you are doing with PPP and tying that to the PPOE clients and bridge?? - my plan is to segregate interface of PPPOE and DHCP using bridge interface.
5. Dont need bridge port for PPPOE - okay i will this
7. Why do you have pppoe server setup, I though you just had two clients??? - i have many client outside, i shared my internet using pppoe so that i can manage the tx/rx for each pppoe-client.

- used this config, because i want my 2 isp to merge all bandwidth speed together at a time for my pppoe-clients but it seems no luck, however if i used either5 which is under bridge-LAN its work properly as merge 2 isp together at a time, you can check my screenshot earlier.

bishophunks
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:47 pm

no firewall and /ip dns set allow-remote-requests=yes -how can i do this? can you make a script for me?
hi, thanks for your response reply,

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:56 pm

how can i do this? can you make a script for me?
hi, thanks for your response reply,
You already do it and is terribly wrong.

Is impossible to merge all bandwidth speed together from more different ISP.
Last edited by rextended on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:10 pm

Okay so the part you didnt clearly communicate is that

(besides the obvious
a. yes you have two PPOE client connections to different ISPs
b. as noted by rextended you cannot bond this together but all the bandwidth can be shared by your subnets behind the router.
c. you have no firewall rules and should not be connected to the internet)

You are not being clear about users behind the router.
You only mention that on your router you use only one port ethernet 5 and nothing else.

BUT then you mention you have other user that you wish to give internet too??
What port are they connect too?
Is this what your PPPOE server setup is for? To distribute internet downstream from your router? but on which ports

Not sure if this is even legal, but will assume okay if your are doing it for free............
There may be better ways than PPPOE.

Why not use vlans and a managed switch to give out subnets to other users???

bishophunks
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:50 pm

Okay so the part you didnt clearly communicate is that

(besides the obvious
a. yes you have two PPOE client connections to different ISPs
b. as noted by rextended you cannot bond this together but all the bandwidth can be shared by your subnets behind the router.
c. you have no firewall rules and should not be connected to the internet)

You are not being clear about users behind the router.
You only mention that on your router you use only one port ethernet 5 and nothing else.

BUT then you mention you have other user that you wish to give internet too??
What port are they connect too?
Is this what your PPPOE server setup is for? To distribute internet downstream from your router? but on which ports

Not sure if this is even legal, but will assume okay if your are doing it for free............
There may be better ways than PPPOE.

Why not use vlans and a managed switch to give out subnets to other users???
Hi,

I just follow this video, and then it works smoothly 2 ISP simultaneously on bridge-Lan interface only, but in PPPOE interface bridge it can't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6SpXAp7h2A

bishophunks
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 am

Hi Guys,

Just to inform you that the problem was solved. i just put the ip of PPPOE in mangle scr.

Thanks guys! :)