Community discussions

MikroTik App

liq
just joined
Topic Author

DHCPv6 with IA_ID and IA_PD

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi,

I've been trying for nearly 3 months to get an answer to a basic ipv6 question from Mikrotik support. Thought I might as well try on here.

Setup:
GPON -> Media converter -> CCR2004

Situation:
- for ip6 prefix delegation my isp expects me to send an request with ia_id=1 or no reply from isp dhcpv6 server.

Solution/Work around:
1. made packet capture on isp cpe and replicated dhcpv6 options to ccr2004
2. but with only adding the dhcp options, mikrotik throws this message on the offer: "skipping wrong iaid: 1"
3. according to: https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/DHCP-client - the interface iaid is set by routeros according to the internal id of said interface.
4. on ccr2004 iaid/internal id: 1 is set on the MGMT ethernet port. But since im using sfpplus-1 to terminate my wan, i have to bridge out of another sfpplus port, and then via bridge and tiny patch cable (yes i know lol) terminate ip6 on the dedicated ethernet MGMT port.

Question:
- on dhcpcd and other dhcp clients its possible to set the iaid/interface association. is this possible in routeros, maybe v7 - or maybe even later down the road?
- reasoning is that right now its "fine" even though its a super janky setup. But my isp is starting to roll out xgpon and soon my ip6 traffic will be limited to the physical port speed. Which is not really that great.

Thanks for taking your time to read this post.