Community discussions

MikroTik App

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Limit band on NAT rule, or in another way

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi mates, I've this situation:
a Capsman and 2 CAPs AP, all 3 are in the same LAN broadcast/subnet, there is a slave SSID for guests, it is provisioned on a second bridge (present only on capsman), which support a local DHCP. On datapaths for guests I allowed client to client forwarding but I disabled the local forwarding, in this way the devices got the right guest IP. I've than created a srcnat rule for all the guest subnet, so the router IP for guests (gateway) has a proper IP to NAT on the main subnet.
Now, I've tried to limit that NAT but all those parameters just create a malfunction, I'm not going to use. I've used then Queues, added simple queue on the guest bridge with destination address the gateway, some limits, but on statistics I've noticed it works only for the first packets only.. there is a burst, then router switch some how to fast switching (I have megabits of traffic but nothing on that statistic) and it nats without controlling. How to overcome it?

On Firewall filter rules I have a passthrough and fasttrack connection, I guess one of those is the reason, but I'm afraid to loose the router if I use them. (far from me now).
Also, this direct procedure is welcome for the main SSID/subnet, which I don't want to load up the CPU ofr the main router. It's possibile to activate the limitation only on the second bridge, or subnet, or nat?
Thanks