Community discussions

MikroTik App

Buford
just joined
Topic Author

CCR1036 Bonding Shuts Down

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:02 am

Hello there!

Attached is the current network I am working on.
I am using all bonds as trunks for my VLANs
Everything works except that Bond1 and Bond 2 are not stable. They would suddenly shut down. I would need to restart all the devices to bring the link back up.
Only when I physically disconnect one slave interface would the link be stable.
May I humbly ask for your help on this? I really want to use this bonding feature for our school's network.
I tried solving it for weeks now but I am still stuck...

You guidance is greatly appreciated!
network.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Re: CCR1036 Bonding Shuts Down

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:52 pm

I would try moving the active/backup bonds to 802.3ad and see if you still have issues

GuJack20
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:14 pm

When they get stuck, which one of the equipment do you restart? The common switch of the problematic bonds, is the CRS317-A. Did you try to connect to it via winbox? Maybe the switch is defective or has some other problem not related to bonding.

If you can connect to it, than does disabling/enabling the bonding interface, make the links work again?
Also log messages from the switches will greatly help.

You must work step by step to try to identify the issue. Normally (when no hardware fault is present) no MikroTik hardware needs rebooting to fix anything. i.e. If rebooting fixes something, it is just a temporary solution. We must find the real reason :)

Buford
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:13 am

I would try moving the active/backup bonds to 802.3ad and see if you still have issues
Thank you for replying. I will try this today.

Buford
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:22 am

When they get stuck, which one of the equipment do you restart? The common switch of the problematic bonds, is the CRS317-A. Did you try to connect to it via winbox? Maybe the switch is defective or has some other problem not related to bonding.

If you can connect to it, than does disabling/enabling the bonding interface, make the links work again?
Also log messages from the switches will greatly help.

You must work step by step to try to identify the issue. Normally (when no hardware fault is present) no MikroTik hardware needs rebooting to fix anything. i.e. If rebooting fixes something, it is just a temporary solution. We must find the real reason :)
Thank you for replying. Below are my answers to your questions.
  • I restart all of them
  • I connect to all the switches via winbox through the CRS328P switch. Strangely the link shuts down after I start doing network tests, i.e ping, video streaming, etc.
  • I tried the same configuration on a different identical set of hardware and I still get the same error
I forgot to mention that i am using S+RJ10 modules to interconnect the switches.