Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mike94
just joined
Topic Author

PCQ queue for even bandwidth distribution

Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi,

I have recently started exploring the MikroTik routers and I would be so grateful if you could help me with the following problem:

I'm running RouterOS v6.42.12. I have 1Gb Fibre and I have created currently a simple queue on Port 3 on the MikroTik router which limits the download and upload to 100Mb. This port connects to a network switch and then I have a few users connected to that switch. The idea is that I want to share this 100 Mb evenly amongst all users coming via the mentioned Port 3. I know that this can be accomplished by using a PCQ queue, I have done my research however I still feel confused how to configure that queue properly. I assume that since each user has their own Public IP address(I'm not using NAT) I would need to create a PCQ queue and then add all of these Public IP addresses, which should be marked via Mangle Rules to that queue. I don't want to limit any of the users to any particular speed like 20, 30, 50 Mb, etc. Instead what I want to do is to allow each user as much bandwidth as is currently available, however on the other hand I want to prevent any of the users to taking over the whole broadband.

I have placed below a link to a diagram showing the idea:

https://ibb.co/QYWnvgy

I'm looking forward for any suggestions and thank you in advance,

Mike