Community discussions

MikroTik App

PHVermeulen
just joined
Topic Author

2 X WAN Default Routes with VLAN and/or specific IP ranges

Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:52 pm

Hi there,

This questions seems to have been asked and answered so many times but I can not get my scenario resolved.

We have a CCR with two DIA providers supplying us with a "WAN" /30 range and a internal /29 range both being public IP ranges.

Provider A is currently used for mostly home users with private IP's being allocated via PPPoE.
Provider B we want to configure to router business clients or certain home user being allocated with public IP. Clients utilizing Provider B is configured with a VLAN to a different CCR with a interconnect to the fibre network operator.

All we want to implement is any traffic coming in on a certain VLAN or IPv4 address public or private just be routed over the alternative provider.

So a CCR with two default routes and traffic from either a specific VLAN, IP or IP range be routed to a different default route. So client 10.210.200.134 just route out over WAN 1 or WAN 2 whatever we decide.

I have configured Mangle rules for connections on a specific incoming interface and I can see the mangel rule being applied when logging is enabled but as soon as the traffic needs to leave the router it still uses the default WAN 1 and not WAN2 provider.

The default routes has been configured with the route mark but still uses WAN1.

Please help a fellow network administrator.

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Re: 2 X WAN Default Routes with VLAN and/or specific IP ranges

Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Post results (between code brackets) of 2 commands below

/ip firewall mangle export
/ip route export