Community discussions

MikroTik App

bandini981
Topic Author

IP Cameras try to connect to CGNAT address

Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:09 am

HI all,
lots of lines like this in my log file
Sep  5 06:42:06 192.168.0.1 firewall,info bogons from LAN forward: in:Camera out:WAN, src-mac xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:3d, proto UDP, 192.xx.x.9:20769->100.104.47.26:10376, len 77
I've a list of "bogons" addresses that must not be reached from internal addresses (192.).

Anyone knows why all of my EZVIZ cameras are trying to reach this address?

Many thanks.

jvanhambelgium
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: IP Cameras try to connect to CGNAT address

Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:34 am

Are you using some "app" from the vendor on your smartphone ?
Perhaps your app on your phone uses your mobile provider (3G/4G/whatever) => Internet-access/CGNAT
Is there an "intermediate" cloud platform that you are using ? (from EZVIZ). Perhaps that cloud-platform picked up the IP from your phone and somehow this IP got to the cams (who perhaps also have a link to the cloud-platform) and they "try" a direct connection for some reason ?

And for some reason your cam's are trying to connect to that IP ?

All your camera's have this ?

Ask the question to the vendor...I did the same when I saw my Internet-radio making strange calls to some cloud-platform "to gather statistics" which I pertinent block since then.

bandini981
Topic Author

Re: IP Cameras try to connect to CGNAT address

Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:59 pm

Are you using some "app" from the vendor on your smartphone ?
Perhaps your app on your phone uses your mobile provider (3G/4G/whatever) => Internet-access/CGNAT
Is there an "intermediate" cloud platform that you are using ? (from EZVIZ). Perhaps that cloud-platform picked up the IP from your phone and somehow this IP got to the cams (who perhaps also have a link to the cloud-platform) and they "try" a direct connection for some reason ?

And for some reason your cam's are trying to connect to that IP ?

All your camera's have this ?

Ask the question to the vendor...I did the same when I saw my Internet-radio making strange calls to some cloud-platform "to gather statistics" which I pertinent block since then.
Hi,
yes I use EZVIZ app (based on cloud of course) and I had the same thought but the issue does not happen every time I use the app. It happens randomly. I'm still monitoring the traffic.