MikroTik App

stanislavdavid
just joined
Topic Author

Proxy problem after first successfull request

Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi,
I have little problem with proxy -
I have multiple devices in different networks with the same setup with IP/Web proxy. With the latest device - 751U-2HnD with latest firmware 6.48.4 I have one strange behaviour - I made one successfull request through it and after that it stop working. When I restart it, it is the same again - 1 successfull request and then stop working.
Do you have some idea why?:-)
Thanks for help

mrtn
just joined

Re: Proxy problem after first successfull request

Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:34 pm

I'm having the same issue.

My Setup: Internet --- HeX (NAT+FW) --- SWITCH --- (PC, Laptop, AnotherMikrotik)

I setup the proxy on the AnotherMikrotik device. No default configuration, only enabled DHCP client on port 4, and enabled the Proxy.

Here's what's strange: the issue depends on what model I use as "AnotherMikrotik". It does only occur with hAP lite, but not with hAP ac lite.
  • hAP lite: I see the issue described by OP. The first request from the PC through the proxy using curl works, but for subsequent requests the request itself is sent by curl, but the hAP lite never responds back. Tried with current 6.49.5, and also v7 - same behavior.
  • hAP ac lite: Proxy works as expected using v7.1rc3 and 6.49.5.

@Mikrotik: Please investigate this issue. I'm surprised a (fully-software-based) feature does not work on some hardware, but works on others. Any ideas?