Community discussions

MikroTik App

promethium
just joined
Topic Author

Load balance torrent traffic?

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:18 am

So I have 2 ISPs and ISP1 has public IP and ISP2 is behind a NAT. Load balanced with PCQ. For torrent downloads, everything is being downloaded over the ISP1 (Probably has something to do with dstnat??) would it be possible to have uploads through ISP1 and downloads over both the links? I have about 200mbps on ISP2 and 100mbps on ISP1, so would be nice if the load could be split over the two :

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Load balance torrent traffic?

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:45 am

Is impossible to combine two ISP speed to download/upload with higer speed than the faster line.
(Unless some technology on remote side intervenes)

Is also impossible to use one line only for download and the other for upload.
The communication between same remote service can happen only on same line.

You can only distribute the bandwidth among different devices, or different services, etc.

Example of "some technology on remote side":
Place one RouterBOARD on one datacenter and make two VPN, one using ISP1 and the other using ISP2,
and bonding together between local RouterBOARD and remote RouterBOARD.

ivicask

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:58 am

Is impossible to combine two ISP speed to download/upload with higer speed than the faster line.

Is also impossible to use one line only for download and the other for upload.
The communication between same remote service can happen only on same line.

You can only distribute the bandwidth among different devices, or different services, etc.

Example of "some technology on remote side":
Place one RouterBOARD on one datacenter and make two VPN, one using ISP1 and the other using ISP2,
and bonding together between local RouterBOARD and remote RouterBOARD.
You are completly wrong here, torrents are different and I use 2 of my lines and can get full torrent speeds using both lines combined, and its simple as routing all ports above 10000 to other isp for my torrent pc(could use lower ports and other connection balancing, but it's as simple as this) , torrents open alot of connections and balance it thru both links in this case.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:03 am

You are not the user than open the topic.
The second line he have is already natted...

And if you say "You are completly wrong here",
is mean than you use one line only for upload and the other only for uploiad,
or you can download, only from one source at the time, at full speed, like the line is only one,
and also mean than if, for example, you use one https site, still be contacted with any IP and the session go on like if is not any problem...

ivicask

Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:07 am

You are not the user than open the topic.
The second line he have is already natted...
Nat absolutely makes no difference, I use local hotspot to increase my torrent speeds, what's even funnier this hotspot blocks torrents you can't even open most of torrent sites, but I can use it just fine after I downlaod file and initialize connection thru my main link...

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:09 am

Oh, well... now give all the instruction and information that the OP ask, I go to bed, in Italy it is late, my help here is not needed, you are here.

ivicask

Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:19 am

Oh, well... now give all the instruction and information that the OP ask, I go to bed, my help here is not needed, you are present.
Even by doing simple load balance for each new conection evenly between 2 isps he can achieve what he wants, and torrents are best candidates for this.

I was just trying to give him quick pointer and don't have curently have time to give him some kind of full guide, there is plenty of those on net, and just wanted to point out that first response you gave him may not be fully accurate :p