Community discussions

MikroTik App

KashifAA
just joined
Topic Author

Mac Address Whitelisting

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to white list MAC address white listing i.e. The access to network will only be allowed to certain Mac addresses and all others should be blocked.
Or other than this, is there any mechanism to allow the wanted devices and all others must not have access to network or IP assigned by DHCP?

KashifAA
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mac Address Whitelisting

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:55 pm

I am not sure what kind of response are provided by Forum gurus, at least they can intimate if the solution isn't availble?
So i should look some other way around or if they think i need to dig out myself to find from forum previous replies then i did it, and it was only about ARP-Only solution whihc doesnt work in my case here.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:26 pm

Can you be more specific ? What interface type? routed or bridged? etc etc.

-ARP-only
-DHCP static-only
-for WLAN: access list
-firewall rules
-DOT1X and RADIUS, or WPA2/Enterprise and RADIUS, accept/reject
- bridge filter
... ...

KashifAA
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:29 pm

Well the purpose is to white list MAC address at Bridge level so the DHCP pool applied on Bridge leases IPs to only allowed users by MAC and reject all other or unauthorised user.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 pm

DHCP static-only address pool should help. It's not blocking all attempts (eg own static IP address) but holds off the DHCP leases.

For the long term, remember that MAC addresses become more and more "random local administered addresses" in IOS, Android, Windows , .... . MAC address as identifier is disappearing.

KashifAA
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:25 am

DHCP static-only address pool should help. It's not blocking all attempts (eg own static IP address) but holds off the DHCP leases.

For the long term, remember that MAC addresses become more and more "random local administered addresses" in IOS, Android, Windows , .... . MAC address as identifier is disappearing.
Thanks.

Will try it, but do agree with. So, what should be implemented to allow only authorised users alternatively?