Community discussions

MikroTik App

JordanReich
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Data Drop on OVPN Connection via Site-To-Site

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:30 am

I have numerous MikroTik sites connecting back to a MikroTik OVPN server to enable site-to-site connectivity.

All of the various sites work without any problem except for the most recent addition. The sites have connected and I have an active connection. I have also setup all of the various routes.

My HQ site runs on 10.0.0.0/24 (Site A)
This site runs on 10.0.4.0/24 (Site B)
They are connected together via 172.16.0.0/24

From 10.0.4.1 (Site B Router) I can ping 10.0.0.37 (Site A Computer) and get a response. I can also ping and get a response from 10.0.0.37 to 10.0.4.40 (Site B Computer). This seems to indicate that the connection is good and the routing is set up correctly.

Now when I go to load https://10.0.0.37 from a webpage the title of the website will load and then it will spin. The ping response in the terminal switches to timed out until the connection via OVPN resets and the ping starts up again. Likewise, if I attempt to load a Site A NAS on a Site B computer it will load the available directories and authenticate my domain credentials to log in. But once I move a file the action starts and the PING to 10.0.0.37 (unrelated) completely stops again until the OVPN reconnects same would be true of any address from the Site A.

It is as though I cannot transmit actual data without causing a disconnect.

Any thoughts on why this may be occurring?

JordanReich
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Data Drop on OVPN Connection via Site-To-Site

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:43 am

*Bump*