Community discussions

MikroTik App

boxybh
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Cloud For Mikrotik Like Omada tplink

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:53 am

I usually use these routers on sties and the internet is there with dual natted from the isp side. Wifis are usually eap series tplink and beautifully accessible from cloud of tplink but why has Mikrotik not put together such kind of service till now?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Cloud For Mikrotik Like Omada tplink

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:55 pm

MikroTik do a Capsman feature to manage all AP devices.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CAPsMAN

For Omada or UniFi Controleler I use a Oracle VM (2x vm with public ip for always-free) and one is Ubuntu Server with UniFi Controler, second vm is CHR for manage all litle customers and help people with MikroTik Support (LTE Debug process).

BitHaulers
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:03 am

Google RemoteWinbox.

genesispro
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:00 am

MikroTik do a Capsman feature to manage all AP devices.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CAPsMAN

For Omada or UniFi Controleler I use a Oracle VM (2x vm with public ip for always-free) and one is Ubuntu Server with UniFi Controler, second vm is CHR for manage all litle customers and help people with MikroTik Support (LTE Debug process).
The (one) disadvantage of capsman is that there is no setting for "persistent" changes such that if the customer has no internet or your capsman in the cloud is down that the Caps will still function(of course in local forwarding mode only). It is a feature that I have already requested and hope that one day (soon) it will be provided by RouterOS