Community discussions

MikroTik App

elkolo23
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

ip conflict in all network

Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:34 am

Today i started getting a problem,,, every ip i choose to configure it returns IP CONFLICT WITH ANOTHER SYSTEM....think might be virus or hacker since all ips are not assigned.

please help my network is down.

nasriza
just joined

Re: ip conflict in all network

Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:05 am

make a different subnet mask, i mean that, that is different between local ip and public ip!

if you think you get 'stuck' on ip, make a VPN(virtual private network) that won't cause conflict!(heheh... :)...)

please be more specific next time!

oya, if you feel your network is bein' attacked, try to see the log file. or tight the firewall rules(i won't do that, hehe :))....)

kev23m
just joined

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:06 am

Na i had this same trouble , it seemd to be a trojan.

I broke the networks into small segments using vlan and that solved the problem for me.
If you would check and see the conflicting mac address will be of your own pc and not some1 else.

Another problem that arises is it starts clogging the gateway resulting in the network going down.

Kevin

boon_ee
just joined

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:32 am

hi all,

recently i have this issues as well. Every single ip that i changed return with IP Conflict alert..

does someone have any suggestion?

Boon

bax
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:15 pm

This is probably hardware error , I have same problems when i connect one planet WAP wireles AP into my network , just try to unplug all devices one by one and you will find which one is broken ...

Xerophie
just joined

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:47 am

maybe is a arp attack, can be caused from virus or trojan or spoofing tool (man in the middle attack),
try to check your arp list cache in your RouterOS ( IP > ARP ) or Windows ( cmd > arp -a ),
if many ip addresses had the same mac address then that machine who realy had that mac address is the one caused problem,

cmiiw :? and sorry for my bad english :p

Lonecrow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 06, 2009 4:35 pm

I have the exact same error and this is on a private small office network.

Lonecrow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 06, 2009 5:04 pm

The fix is to go to ip addresses and add a large subnet like 10.0.0.0/8 and then if you change your IP to anythign in there you won't get the conflict.