Community discussions

MikroTik App

thomasr
just joined
Topic Author

How to create a HOTSPOT with to-address/address-pool??

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi,

[updated]

I've been testing different HOTSPOT setups but have not got the SETUP i want to work. Perhaps this is a missunderstanding from my part but any ways.

The setup below works just fine:

/system reset
/ip add add add=192.168.1.2/24 interface=ether1
/ip route add gateway=192.168.1.1

do the default hotspot setup
/ip hotspot setup

masquerade = no

add a route on the connect router (192.168.1.1) that points back to the 10.5.50.0/24 network.

....now to the tricky part ...

/ip add add add=1.1.1.1/24 interface=ether1
/ip pool add name=isp range=1.1.1.2-1.1.1.254

add a route on the connect router (192.168.1.1) that points back to the 1.1.1.0/24 network.

/ip hotspot user profile add name=isp address-pool=isp
/ip hotspot user set 0 profile=isp

the: /ip hotspot host print , shows:

address 10.5.50.254
to-address 1.1.1.254

why does this not work? have i missunderstand something?

thx/T

tneumann

Re: How to create a HOTSPOT with to-address/address-pool??

Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:44 am

You should not run hotspot and uplink on the same interface (ether1 in your case).

Furthermore, what are you trying to do with those 1.1.1.x and 10.5.50.x address ranges while at the same time you answered during the setup that you do not want to masquerade?

--Tom

thomasr
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi,

ok here's what i'm trying to do:

i want to a hotspot network for the users to selected their services. The services can be delivered from a number of ISP:s depending on what ISP the user selects the user is directed to the ISP:s network with real IP-addresses.

Thanks,

/T

tneumann

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:25 pm

That does not answer any of my above questions.

--Tom

thomasr
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:35 pm

Hi Tom,

I'm not doing NAT i want to ROUTE . Everything works great doing a reset config and then running hotspot setup and setting the hotspot net to real IP-address and then route the hotspot net to internet. But that works for one ISP only. i thought that adding other nets on ether1 the hotspot would map the incoming hotpost address to the real to-address ip. I've also tried to use nat and an IP-pool to-address but frankly does no understand that mechanism. Since the config i'm using currently is not good, how would the solution look like for my senario.

thx/T

tneumann

Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:00 pm

Do you have multiple ISPs routing addresses from their respective allocations to your hotspot router? That would be a very unusual setup, but how else would it be possible to allow the hotspot users to "switch ISPs" when they login?
Anyway, usually inter-ISP hotspot roaming is not implemented based on IP addressing but on Radius peering / Radius realm forwarding, whereby only the authentication is proxied/forwarded between the participating ISPs. The actual IP addressing and the traffic for the connection is provided to the client by the operator of the hotspot/access point.

But maybe I still don't understand what you're trying to do...

--Tom

thomasr
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:30 pm

I really just want to be able to route the user traffic to the right isp depending on which provider the user have selected. How this could be done using hotspot in mikrotik i do not know.

1) user gets a hotspot IP.
2) user gets redirected to the hotspot page.
3) user selects a service (from a,b or c isp).
4) the hotspot assigns a ip-address depending on the isp choosen.
5) users traffic routes to the selected isp connection.

thx/T

tneumann

Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:44 pm

What kind of relation do you have with those other ISPs that you'd allow the user to choose from? And what kind of network interconnection does your hotspot have with those ISPs? For 4) and 5) to be at all possible you'd at least need a routed subnet from every ISP connected to your hotspot network. Is this indeed the case in your setup? I did ask this in the previous question, but you still did not describe your network setup and your connections to those ISPs in detail...

--Tom

thomasr
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:27 pm

We are acting as a network provider not as a service provider. the different ISP is not used to balance traffic or creating a redundant connection. each ISP has it's own service plan.

Yes, we got route subnet from each ISP.
        /----> ISP 1 ---> 1.1.1.1/24 ----> route to ISP 1-network
 Ether1  -----> ISP 2 ---> 2.2.2.1/24 ----> route to ISP 2-network
        \----> ISP 1 ---> 3.3.3.1/24 ----> route to ISP 3-network
All subnets are routed except the hotspot subnet which is nated. every subnet exists on the same interface(ether1) routed to ether2. Basically i just want the hotspot to reassign the client with a ip-address from the selected ISP:s subnet.

I do not want the client to keep the hotspot ip-address after they selected a service. I remember earlier hotspot solution in mikrotik that released the hotspot ip-addess as soon as the client had selected a service. Is this still possible?

/T

ariesaries
just joined

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:34 pm

Have You got any solution for this task?
We are acting as a network provider not as a service provider. the different ISP is not used to balance traffic or creating a redundant connection. each ISP has it's own service plan.

Yes, we got route subnet from each ISP.
        /----> ISP 1 ---> 1.1.1.1/24 ----> route to ISP 1-network
 Ether1  -----> ISP 2 ---> 2.2.2.1/24 ----> route to ISP 2-network
        \----> ISP 1 ---> 3.3.3.1/24 ----> route to ISP 3-network
All subnets are routed except the hotspot subnet which is nated. every subnet exists on the same interface(ether1) routed to ether2. Basically i just want the hotspot to reassign the client with a ip-address from the selected ISP:s subnet.

I do not want the client to keep the hotspot ip-address after they selected a service. I remember earlier hotspot solution in mikrotik that released the hotspot ip-addess as soon as the client had selected a service. Is this still possible?

/T