Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

ckgth
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

how to connect a eoip-tunnel between 3 or more routers?

Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:30 pm

Hello!

currently i have 4 Routers (connect eatch with another eoip-tunnel) over wlan.
wlan1 on Router1 is AP, wlan1 on Router2 is client, wlan2 on Router2 is AP, wlan1 on Router3 is client....

between the Routers ar seperatey eoip-tunnels with eatch ID.

So, now I can connect to te PC on eth1 on Router4 (on eatch Router are bridges with eoip and wlan(ap) or bridges with eoip and eth.

How can i make a siple one tunnel between Router1 and Router4? I can not set wlan in client Mode to a bridge...or?

Is it right, i must make a bridge on Router 2 and 3 between wlan interfaces? But ar one of them ar in client-Mode.

Or must i make a sipmle eoip frrom router1 to router4 over the other eoip-tunnels?

regards,

Christian

ckgth
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: how to connect a eoip-tunnel between 3 or more routers?

Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:35 am

Hello there!

The question is, I have to do between the Routers specially Eoip - tunnels do or between 1. and 3. Router to do a only one tunnel. I am able to then, unfortunately, on 2. Router no bridge do, because the WLAN interface is in the client - mode.

At this Time become several AP (also about other away) by means of EoIP - tunnel in each case between them linked. WDS I had tested sometimes, but this has become failures in traffic and ping-times.

regards

Christian

redspidernet
just joined

Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:09 pm

I have the same problem, please somebody help ?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:04 pm

Well, mode=station does not support bridge. Note, for EoIP you need to bridge local interface and EoIP tunnel, but do not need to bridge public interface (mode=station should not be local interface, interface clients are conencting to).

As I assume that the following configuration is more trivial, wireless client is public interface, local interface might be either Ethernet or AP-bridge, as you want to share Internet connection further.

I'm not seen a lof scenarios, when mode=station is acting as local interface to distribute connection further.