ilius168
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

MT + External Proxy

Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi All,
Just encounter another problem,
Got an external proxy (linux suse + squid 2.6stable5) with MT 2.9.46.

I'm redirecting all 80 traffic to proxy server (192.168.1.3)

MT IP address 192.168.1.1
Client Address: 192.168.10.1/24 (& more)

Some client is routed to another gateway, some use the default gateway.

Problem 1.
Once the traffic redirected, the client that is routed to another gateway (mark routing) become unable to browse.

Problem 2.
Got 2 simple queue for each ip, (mangle rule), one for lan traffic another one for internet traffic. but it seems like the traffic goes thru proxy was marked as lan traffic & 0 traffic for internet, but actually the client is using the internet. why is that? :?

stuntshell
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: MT + External Proxy

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:52 pm

Problem 1: Unless the user specifies to use the proxy at the server within their browser, then they'll be able to surf. The redirect rule of course needs to !NOT include the proxy server itself.

Problem 2: Because all traffic comes from the proxy server, not the client anymore.

ilius168
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:20 pm

Problem 1: Unless the user specifies to use the proxy at the server within their browser, then they'll be able to surf. The redirect rule of course needs to !NOT include the proxy server itself.
Tried to use proxy in the user's browser, but ended up the user is not routed to another gateway that he/she supposed to be, other than the default gateway. Or do i need to have another parameter in the proxy server itself?

I have a setup like this:

WAN1
|
|
MT ------------Switch-------- Clients
| |
| PROXY
WAN2

[uh how to draw sketches here..... the proxy supposed to be connected to the switch

stuntshell
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:07 pm

The user web access (dst port 80) won't be redirect the proxy server will be have the traffic redirect to the gateway. Are you load balancing? If yes is this by policy-routing or by dst or src mark?

ilius168
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:21 pm

Didnt quite get you. :D

Yes i'm doing load balance, by src address list and dst address list. (mark routing)

thx