Community discussions

MikroTik App

gutekpl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Please help me fix my VPN

Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:33 pm

I had working VPN configured on hap ac2 via one click in Mikrotik home Android app and it was accessible from my mobile phone via l2tp profile. Now I upgraded the phone to new one, and in Android 12 there is no l2tp vpn anymore. I found tutorial to set up ikev2 vpn - https://mikrotikon-pl.translate.goog/vp ... r_pto=wapp
and I did it - I can successfully connect from phone to home, but I cant access neither internet nor local network on phone while connected. Probably I am missing some little thing most likely in firewall, but can't catch it on my own.
Pasting screenshots from all settings changed during tutorial, if something more is needed please let me know.
1.PNG
1a.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG
6.PNG
7.PNG
8.PNG
9.PNG
10.PNG
10a.PNG
11.PNG
12.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

own3r1138
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Please help me fix my VPN  [SOLVED]

Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:16 pm

Hi,
Firstly, check what you have done with the official roadwarrior setup.
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... entication
secondly, use subject-alt-name and use it as remote and server ID in your IKEv2 connection.
I did not understand your split including if you want local access then you should put it right there. if Internet/all 0.0.0.0/0 and whatever client you use for the connection it might accept only the first address. you can check the link I send you for more detail about this.
Also, you need a firewall rule in your forward chain to accept from your IP Pool IKEv2 to your LAN and vice versa or even you might need both LAN sides as SRC and DST. For your masquerading rule, I think you should include your OUT INTERFACE/List.

gutekpl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Please help me fix my VPN

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:50 pm

Thanks for posting that link. I deleted everything I had and followed instructions from that link and it worked right away.