Community discussions

MikroTik App

tcdiem
just joined
Topic Author

MLAG setup and forwarding traffic between devices

Fri May 13, 2022 5:01 pm

Hello,

I have a CRS312 and a CRS326 switch, which I've interconnected them using a LACP of 2 10Gb interfaces.
Following the documentation in https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... tion+Group , I did create the additional bridge for the MLAG and its monitoring says connected.

First thing I did notice is that if I connect two clients (one on each switch) on port ether1, they don't see each other. Both ether1 are still on the initial bridge "bridge" (both devices freshly reseted). With the documentation above, is traffic expected to be forwarded also through the bridge "bridge1" created or that is only for inter-chassis communication? Do I need to put the ether1 ports on the "bridge1" instead ? Or do I need an additional interface only for MLAG?

Similarly a linux client configured for 802.3ad (the "MLAG client") can establish its link but traffic is not forwarded between the switches in order to reach one of the "simple clients".

Many thanks

tcdiem
just joined
Topic Author

Re: MLAG setup and forwarding traffic between devices  [SOLVED]

Sat May 14, 2022 2:04 am

I've solved the problem by myself.

the ICCP link (the "bridge1" example, in the doc) needs to be an additional link beside the peering links. I was too used with "*isco way" of doing it. A bit of bummer that requires consideration when planning since you lose another port for it.