Community discussions

MikroTik App

ColinSlater
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Hotspot login redirects to IP-Address of Gateway instead of host name of hotspot  [SOLVED]

Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:07 am

Hi,
I've got an RB4011 series router, running ROS 7.4.1
I've got my hotspot setup using RADIUS authentication against my AD Server, using Letsencrypt certificate.
The hotspot is setup with a hostname, that is validated for the certificate.

I can connect to the wifi, and I am immediately redirected to the login page, using the hostname applied (exactly as expected)
I enter my login credentials and click Login and then the form tries to access the "action" of the login form but based on the gateway IP address of the interface on which I have setup my hotspot (rather than the hostname) which of course generates a certificate error.

The action of the form is setup using the variable $(link_login_only) as described in the online manual.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Thanks...

ColinSlater
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot login redirects to IP-Address of Gateway instead of host name of hotspot

Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:59 pm

Hi,
After doing some more testing, this benhaviour seems only to happen when I change the hotspot default directory in the hotspot server profile. Problem is that I cannot access wherever the default files for the hotspot are stored (viewtopic.php?t=188943).
The device in question is RB4011iGS, now running ROS 7.5 (as of today).
Any assistance would be great.
Thanks...