MikroTik App

ColinSlater
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Connecting to FTP

Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:56 pm

Hi,
I'm clearly missing something extremely simple here, but for the life of me I can't see what.
Ultimately, I'm trying to access some files on my RB4011 which seem to either be stored somewhere else or hidden or something (I made a separate post about this issue here: viewtopic.php?t=188943).

I've got the FTP Server enabled in IP-->Services
I've tried adding a firewall filter rule to allow TCP/21 on the input chain (after it made no difference, I removed the rule again).

Whenever I try to connect to FTP://[router-ip-address] with the login details I use to connect to Winbox, it just sits there, unable to even find the router or anything.
Do I need to reset something or reboot or something when I enable these things? Or am I just being really stupid here and have missed something obvious.

Thanks...

Colin

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Connecting to FTP

Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:55 pm

So in other words, you tried to add some in fact unknown rule (which was maybe correct, maybe incorrect, nobody can tell; people often think they are doing something, when they actually do something completely different) to existing firewall that we also know nothing about (it could be clean correct one, or complete mess with other conflicting rules, nobody can tell again). You see the problem for anyone who would want to help you, right?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Connecting to FTP

Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:09 pm

ColinSlater
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Connecting to FTP  [SOLVED]

Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:49 pm

Problem solved - I'd put the TCP Port number into the SrcPort instead of DstPort.
Working now :)

Thanks...

Colin