MikroTik App

rkrisi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Branding package confusion

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:58 pm

Hi everyone!

I have tried to create a full branding package for our managed devices. This is what I have done:
  • Created an ASCII logo - works, always visible in the terminal
  • Created a "mikrotik_logo.png" file and uploaded to Webfig logo. This works, but the resulting logo was too large. I have tried to replace it with a smaller one, but it the old one is shown always... Also this logo only applies when you are authenticated and inside Webfig
  • Created a modified "index2.html" file and uploaded to Webfig login page. However this is completely ignored. I want to remove some things on the login page and replace the logo. For me it seems that if you upload a "mikrotik_logo.png" file to the Branding maker it will rename to "logo.png" which is the internal logo. However on the login page, "mikrotik_logo.png" filename is used.
  • It seems that the default configuration which I uploaded is completely ignored? How this should work? I thought it should replace the original default conf added by Mikrotik
Thanks for help!

rkrisi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Branding package confusion  [SOLVED]

Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:30 pm

It seems that the default configuration works. It was just a mistake by me (some used list interface groups were not created before).

Also the logo is now shows the new one after a reset.

The login page also works after a reset.

So concluding my post, the 'Read this first' instructions says that the default conf will be only appended to the current one when installing the package, but it might be good to know that some other things will be only visible after a reset (not after an install)

gilsonbarbosa
just joined

Re: Branding package confusion

Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:19 pm

Hello friend,

I'm having the same problem here, I can't customize the webfig homepage logo (login screen).

How I did:
I uploaded a file with the name mikrotik_logo.png in the Branding package maker using the custom files option, it didn't work, the home logo doesn't change.

Do you know how I should do it?

I've tried several things without success, thanks.

P.S. I always restart mikrotik when I upload a new package.

Thanks