Community discussions

MikroTik App

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Modem settings for using PPPoE set on MT router

Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:28 am

Hi, I was told that the modem should be set to bridge mode when using PPPoE-client set on MT to dial out. It just that there are many different type of bridge modes on my modems. Which one is correct settings? What do you use in your?
Ta

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Modem settings for using PPPoE set on MT router

Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:18 am

there are many different type of bridge modes on my modems
which ones? i thought bridge mode is just bridge and nothing else... which modes? :)

yudhi

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:01 am

Hi, I was told that the modem should be set to bridge mode when using PPPoE-client set on MT to dial out. It just that there are many different type of bridge modes on my modems. Which one is correct settings? What do you use in your?
Ta
I used routing mode from my ADSL modem, so the modem will do the PPPoE authentication to the provider while on the MT just set the modem IP as gateway.

But for bridge mode, MT should handle the PPPoE authentication.

CMIIW

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:12 pm

Thanks for your replies guys. I have tried both DHCP-client and PPPoE-client for IP configurations and found that PPPoE-client set on MT gives me less Internet dropouts comparing to DHCP-client (modem hands out IP and leases internet connection). It just that my new ADSL2+ has four (4) different bridge settings in it! Doesn't matter, I just try them all and figure it out :)
Thanks again.